bmw help - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > BMW

Old 01-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
bmw help
i make a intake and put all the sensors and hoses back in the tube i made but it seems to run a little diff so i took one sensor out of the tube and it seemed to be better. the sensor i took out has coolant that runs through it. any ideas what i shoud do with it? just leave it out and zip tie it off to the side?

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
can you take a pic of this sensor?? I work on a lot of these and i'm not sure what yo are referring to
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Zerolift01
1,000 posts club

Zerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura about
This part has two small coolant lines attached to it.? Is this the part in the picture #11 ?

http://www.facebook.com/Zerolift
Zerolift01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerolift01 View Post
This part has two small coolant lines attached to it.? Is this the part in the picture #11 ?
Yeah that's it, we figured out that it's the air box thermostat

Last edited by CASANOVA; 01-11-2009 at 07:58 PM..
CASANOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASANOVA View Post
Yeah that's it, we figured out that it's the air box thermostat

I'd zip-tie it some where close to the front bumper where it can get the correct air temperature...
ummmm... the front bumper is not going to be the correct air temp for the intake air temp reading...... did this have a hot air valve on the air box orig??
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
ummmm... the front bumper is not going to be the correct air temp for the intake air temp reading...... did this have a hot air valve on the air box orig??
Yeah, you're right.
CASANOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
altima3.5se
shift_DEAD

altima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to altima3.5se
i did a little research and all it is a valve that lets coolant run through the throttle body. so he could just cap the lines off if he wanted i dont think is attached to the ECU in anyway. its just to keep the air temps coming into the engine consistant. when its cold it lets the coolant flow through to warm it up and shuts when it gets warm. i know that the aftermarket intake manifold caps the coolant hoses to my throttle body
altima3.5se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
thanks for the help guys. i moved it down by the filter and it seems to be fine now. i may cap them if i find out everything works that way lol
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote