anybody mess with jeeps? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Dodge / Mopar Discussion

Old 01-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
96integraG3
turbo honda

96integraG3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96integraG3
anybody mess with jeeps?
i have a 96 jeep cherokee, its not my dd right now although i want it to be here soon. everytime i go to start her up from sitting over night she is good to go, but when i try to start her after just beeing started it wont start, however i can jump the starter and it will fire up. thinking it was the starter solenoid i got a remaned one from a junkyard...it still does the same thing the next thing on my list would be to check the ignition switch, any jeep guys on here ever have this problem
96integraG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Mannon
No car.

Mannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Mannon
I have a 96 grand. Went to Meijer tonight, got some stuff, came back out 15 minutes later and it wouldn't start. Did what I could with it being cold, dark, no tools or light, so I started tuggin lightly on wires till it started. Crude I know, but what can you do with only a key and two hands. Ended up being the cable between the solenoid and starter motor. Not positive on this so I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow. And hey, next time grab a multimeter and check things before ya throw a part at it, hope that helps. Connection issues :P

Last edited by Mannon; 01-26-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Mannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
96integraG3
turbo honda

96integraG3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96integraG3
got the starter for free and it was the original on it so fuck it, i dont see it as a waste...what was up the wire to the sel. is it corroded?
96integraG3 is offline   Reply With Quote