My Turdbo build progress a go...? - Page 3 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #41
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
I'll be running e85 in the stang when I put the turbo on. The fbody is still int he air, as I have a lot of otehr things I need to take care of before I even venture downt hat road again. I can tell you that these motors love c16, but I've never dealt with meth, so I appreciate the heads up
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #42
jdredd
1,000 posts club

jdredd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop View Post
I'll be running e85 in the stang when I put the turbo on. The fbody is still int he air, as I have a lot of otehr things I need to take care of before I even venture downt hat road again. I can tell you that these motors love c16, but I've never dealt with meth, so I appreciate the heads up
c16 is good stuff. Sean's GP runs c16.. just a bit pricey. Meth side I wouldn't bother. e85 or better fuel, good IC setup, and tune your stuff well, no need for it. To me, just a bandaid, and another fluid you have to remember to keep filled up, or another leak that can happen.
jdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #43
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
ya i will be running e85 next year

Old 10-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #44
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Definitely install your roll master chain using a degree wheel. Mine was 6 degrees off.
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #45
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
If you guys need any e85 tuning tips, let me know. I made 150+ passes on it this year. I would imagine our setups are pretty similar.

I do all the tuning on my car as well as a few other people's cars.
I have a 67mm turbo. Mine seemed to like 11.0:1 (on the gas scale) and about 21 degrees of timing and a cold plug. That was with 28-29 psi. Make sure you have a decent fuel system. I run two walbros and a -10 feed. 120# injectors will be good for low 130 traps, 95# injectors were good for high 120 traps. I switched to 160# injectors and have a 20% duty cycle left at at 138 traps
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #46
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
If you guys need any e85 tuning tips, let me know. I made 150+ passes on it this year. I would imagine our setups are pretty similar.

I do all the tuning on my car as well as a few other people's cars.
I have a 67mm turbo. Mine seemed to like 11.0:1 (on the gas scale) and about 21 degrees of timing and a cold plug. That was with 28-29 psi. Make sure you have a decent fuel system. I run two walbros and a -10 feed. 120# injectors will be good for low 130 traps, 95# injectors were good for high 120 traps. I switched to 160# injectors and have a 20% duty cycle left at at 138 traps
I have an old roll master on my old dead car.. ~100k miles on the setup. I hear the new ones are a two piece crank gear that didnt get to many rave reviews about but pretty much best thing still.

For what I am gonna run speed wise, 80#'s seem to be just plenty for even 10's and e85 ... some newer drop in single pump setups seem to still hold up even.

Ill be sure to bug ya when its up and going...

Last edited by jdredd; 10-26-2011 at 03:09 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #47
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Picked up heads saturday that Luke on here did for me at Smyths...they are pretty tits.. Really nice job on them...

Would consider them between a vendors "stage2" and "Stage3" heads... which retail $1100 - $1600 ... i did supply the springs/retainers/locks/seals .. springs i had already collecting dust for two years, and other parts were cheap.. final cost came out to be acceptable and saved quite a bit of $

Should help out quite a bit in the flow department for the turdbo ... gotta start ordering more parts ...
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #48
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Crappy photo of one of the heads.. didn't go crazy on pics as people like to nit pick about everything on how they can do better or blah blah does better..

It is nice having a set of heads that are not covered in oil and grime for once.

Last edited by jdredd; 12-14-2012 at 11:06 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #49
jdredd
1,000 posts club

SS "power" logs came in today.. got them used, but never installed/ran saved about $100...

Having mustangboy ceramic coat these to go along with the other ceramic parts I have.. miss match in color black/silver but who cares...

Got my V6 Fbody intake manifolds also, they are nasty nasty nasty... Having him clean those also before I do any work on them and start putting motor together for test fitting of shits.. Once done ill have im powdercoat them..

I may have tubular headers made some day, but these have been used on ~500whp setups... so may not really have to.. depends on what i run and how i feel i guess.

End of next week I am hoping to order the full gasket kit, new T67 from Stattama, s5 cam, and tial f38 wategate... then once the intake manifolds are back I can start assembly on the motor. I am going to be using the old double roller chain set from my old motor. Can't get that make of it anymore and should pretty much last forever on these setups.

:edit: Bought a ZZP ST5 cam for 13% off.. not a big savings, but a savings non the less...

Last edited by jdredd; 12-14-2012 at 11:07 PM..
Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #50
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Just showed up

Now if my head gaskets ever show up this week, can finally piece this turd together. Then off to trying to build a trans. Can't decide if I want to get in on the group buy of a Quaife diff for a measly $1400+ .. Then to find a 1" chain setup for about the same... sigh..

More pics to come this weekend hopefully for anyone that really gives a shit.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #51
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
stattama piece? looks good
grandmaGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #52
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaGTP View Post
stattama piece? looks good
Yup.. thought about going bigger, but honestly this should produce enough to make me happy.

If I build another short block in the next year or so with all the good internal parts, I may upgrade to bigger one, but for a stock rebuilt short block this is good enough.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
grandmaGTP
shit dang

Nice i did talk to matt and zoomer, there feed line kit will work with this
Old 01-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #54
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Nice i did talk to matt and zoomer, there feed line kit will work with this
I may end up doing my own line setup... not sure yet. I do know I will probably do the drain setup differently. I am going to drill/tap the oil pan instead of using the level sensor. I want the oil to drain out into the pan. At the level port, its submerged in oil. I doubt back up will ever happen, but since I can do this now easily with motor in parts and everything clean, wont be a hassle..
Old 01-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
grandmaGTP
shit dang

Ya mines tapped also
Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #56
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Do you or can you get a picture of the location to give me a good idea where I should go? Without it in the car, harder to tell exactly where to go at without knowing if i am gonna hit something in my way.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #57
grandmaGTP
shit dang

Ya i wont be home until tomorrow but i will
Old 01-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #58
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Well got to start on the motor some what.. got the heads on, but could not do much more after that. Ended up not having a tap big enough to plug the injector holes on the intake manifold, but we ended up putting on the exhaust parts and junk to mock it up and get an idea of the setup. Gonna fab up some more block off plates and crap and brackets. Need to find a stock LS1 TB as the one we had to use was modified and won't work for me.

So in 2 weeks or so, going back over to Sean's and we can continue and finish it up more. Fuel rails I need to change out fittings on the ends of the rails to make the hoses fit. Ill have more pics when more stuff happens. Was kinda neat to see how it will look finally. We didn't bother putting cam/lifters/blah in yet.

Ya I know, intake manifold is on backwards. Didn't notice till after I took pics.
Nothing was bolted so no biggie..

Shitty pic of Tyler staring it down and Sean in his PJ's? ..

Old 01-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #59
grandmaGTP
shit dang

What cross over is that?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #60
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Quote:
What cross over is that?
Stattama's ...