Brad / shakenbake01 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > The Mall > Buyer / Seller Feedback

Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
sbcxtreme
1,000 posts club

sbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sbcxtreme
Brad / shakenbake01
I recently pm'ed him to see what equipment he recommended for a home theater at my moms house. She wanted to go with a projector and I had no idea where to even start looking for that shit. I told him what size room it was going in, the amount of light in the room, and that my mom was extremely picky. I asked him to keep in mind that she currently had a 58" Plasma 1080p and that the new stuff would have to be pretty damn close to that. He gave me a list of the stuff that he recommended and gave me a price installed, and a price just for the equipment.

After doing a little research I figured I could do it myself. I had quite a few questions before I even ordered anything, and he answered everything with the quickness. It took 3-4 days once I gave him the go ahead. Once everything came in, he delivered it and gave me a quick run down of how to do everything as well as some pretty helpful ideas.

We went with an Epson 8350, Dragonfly 106" screen, Denon Receiver, Episode 300 series surround sound bookshelf speakers with a 10" sub, and a universal projector mount. I probably have 10 hours in the install from start to finish.

I am EXTREMELY impressed with the picture quality out of this projector, I havent even played with the color settings yet and it looks amazing. The surround sound is great and the sub will rock the house on just a mild setting.

If anybody is thinking about doing a home theater, I highly recommend talking to Brad. He was very professional and answered any questions I had as well as gave me a pretty decent price
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
TPR
THE SHOW STOPPER

TPR will become famous soon enoughTPR will become famous soon enoughTPR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TPR
thumbs up for us

Brad did my house a few years ago & if anyone know me they know im as picky as they come & show alot of attenting to detail.

At the time my house just got done being built (it was a brand new construction) & He installed surround sound in my celings/ flush mounted 4 speakers in my walls, hide everything in the closet to where you couldnt see anything. loved it so much i've added more to it & he came right out with no questions asked & installed more jems & now my house rocks like some metal heads dream house.

also done a 42" lcd for my bedroom & a 32" for my 8yr old sons game room.

love his work & the choices he choose for my house.

Brad also installed security cameras, 50" Plasma, 42" lcd (for my office) here @ TPR.

I will not look no further than Brad @ Home Theaters Plus for any of our audio/video needs.

Rob-
In House Dynapack Dyno

Authorized Dealer for
Precision Turbo,WELDON, ERL,Golden Eagle, Injector Dynamics,DSS Driveshaft Shop, FULL-RACE,T1,CP Pistons,ATP Turbo,Thermal R&D,Who's timeslip is this? Fuck it ,I am using it.Hondata,VP Race Fuels,Competition Clutch,AVID Racing,Mickey Thompson, Garrett Turbo
Competition Clutch, Wiseco Pistons, M&H Tire,SPEC Clutch MANY More

Last edited by TPR; 06-30-2011 at 10:09 AM..
TPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
cabech984

cabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like a nice setup! I did my "movie theater" myself, on a small budget of $1500 (polk floorstanding speakers, yamaha receiver, Acer H5360 projector, diy 106" screen, and misc cables, wires, etc) and it turned out great imo. If you have the space and are a movie fan, or like big screens, a projector is the way to go!

Post some pics of the setup!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
shakenbake01
CSS regular

shakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the good feedback fellas. I appreciate the business from both of you. I as well would like to see some pics of how the theater turned out.
shakenbake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
blundar
jackass of all trades

blundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to blundar Send a message via AIM to blundar
Brad mounted and installed my wife's 54" plasma a few years ago. Professional service, honest guy. A+
Zerolift: http://www.zeroliftautolab.com 5138742508
RIP Modular Depot.
blundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
sbcxtreme
1,000 posts club

sbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sbcxtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake01 View Post
Thanks for the good feedback fellas. I appreciate the business from both of you. I as well would like to see some pics of how the theater turned out.
If I show you the pictures, you have to promise youre not going to try to hire me
sbcxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcxtreme View Post
If I show you the pictures, you have to promise youre not going to try to rob me
Fixed! Lol..

She's back.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote