Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Import Tech

Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
croggers
Team STFU

croggers is on a distinguished road
1999 Mazda Miata Engine Swap
KLZE Straight Neck vs.KLZE Curved Neck vs. 13B twin turbo with rx-7 trans ecu,etc.

Which one would you before most to power weight ratio and highest compression.
Also does the need to get fabricated since it's a whole different engine.
What would work what wouldnt work?
Advice and comments please.

Last edited by croggers; 09-16-2010 at 12:00 AM..
croggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
redmike
ginger

redmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to all
Did you proof read that post?...because that 2nd sentence made no sense.
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Are you fucking dumb??
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
eat shit ricer!!!!!!!!
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
croggers
Team STFU

croggers is on a distinguished road
damn shitty motor.

but nah i didnt proof read it, its just a forum
Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by croggers View Post
damn shitty motor.

but nah i didnt proof read it, its just a forum
How dare you say css is "just a forum."
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
hey man i have a swapped miata.... What's your number... I can answer all questions :)
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #8
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
^^^this guy is the master with swapped miata's, give him a call/text. anyways, i've seen a 13b swapped miata drift car....it was alright.....kinda gay
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:28 AM   #9
MR2Don
Z OH SHIT

MR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MR2Don
You've got to be fucking kidding me. I have no words for this. Since when did the special olympics have street racing in it?
MR2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
TheDatsunKid
Common Sense My Anti-Rice

TheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to TheDatsunKid Send a message via Yahoo to TheDatsunKid
Just drop a 302 in it.

They're like 50 cents, if you can swing it an LSx starts around $2.00.

Last edited by TheDatsunKid; 09-16-2010 at 08:05 AM..
TheDatsunKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
Larimer
CSSmakesyoudumb

Larimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Larimer
I really want to help you, but...damn.
Larimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Lol.
240Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
cnt help a kid that doesnt want help

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDatsunKid View Post
Just drop a 302 in it.

They're like 50 cents, if you can swing it an LSx starts around $2.00.
Are you sure you have the bank roll to say an LS1 is $2?

Those statements are left for situations where the person saying it, has something of higher value.

But I digress. To the OP, stupid threads like this asking for opinions on a motor swap you probably won't do, are fucking annoying.

Last edited by Mike; 09-16-2010 at 01:11 PM..
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Are you sure you have the bank roll to say an LS1 is $2?

Those statements are left for situations where the person saying it, has something of higher value.

But I digress. To the OP, stupid threads like this asking for opinions on a motor swap you probably won't do, are fucking annoying.
Troof, when I see LSX cars, I'm like "damn, that hillbilly said fuck his rent this month and got some weld wheels." but in all seriousness, I totally agree, I kinda fbook stalked datsun kid when I seen he commented and one of my friends status or something, and he has nothing greater or close to any lsx powered vehicle.
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #16
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
i have seen a klz miata a ls1 miata a sr20 miata a 13b miata and a 302 miata. out of all of them the ls1 seems the best to do. 13b is very cool and fast. 302 is the cheapest. klz and sr20 seem not worth while to me. and you can buy kits to swap the 302, lsx, sr20, and 13b. the klz is not even worth doing unless you boost it

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
Larimer
CSSmakesyoudumb

Larimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Larimer
If you want big power either boost it as is and have a car that's probably not that reliable once you get to ~250 whp or so or throw in a V8.

Last edited by Larimer; 09-16-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Larimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #18
Meeners
Angry African

Meeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Meeners
Get your mommy to buy you a MS Miata and throw a t28 on it... blow it up and then post about it again.

Shift_Yo Paradigm Ma Fahka.
Meeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
so can i say an lsx is like 2 dollars?
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #20
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
We get it Jackie, you finally got a engine worth mentioning...you've got a new kind of arrogance ever since you bought that thing.
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote