DEA and Police seizure - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
DEA and Police seizure

Word is it was a Dr running a pill mill but I havent done a full interweb search yet

Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
The story
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ills-pain-pill

Quote:
Feds, police raid 11 South Florida pill mills
Son of Broward medical examiner among those arrested
February 23, 2011|By Bob LaMendola and Alexia Campbell, Sun Sentinel

Drug agents raided 11 pain clinics from Miami to West Palm Beach on Wednesday, arresting 23 people and seizing $2.5 million in cash and dozens of cars in the biggest single strike yet at Florida's pain pill industry.

Among those arrested were four physicians, including the son of Broward Medical Examiner Joshua Perper, and five owners of raided pain clinics, officials said.

The biggest catch, officials said, was Vincent Colangelo, 42, a Davie man who earned an estimated $150,000 a day from the seven now-shuttered pain centers he owned.

Law enforcement agencies moved to seize from the Colangelo operation $22 million in assets, including homes, an Okeechobee trailer park and 46 vehicles. Agents displayed a parking lot full of the high-priced cars, such as a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren sports car and two Lamborghinis.

"Woo hoo, I want to do cartwheels," said Tina Reed, a Davie pill mill activist whose son almost died from an addiction from a pain clinic.

Last edited by Nati; 03-21-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
Damn. I Shouldve stocked up while I was down there for a month
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
Hot damn that would be the life. You could buy whatever you want!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D
Holy fuck, 150k a DAY!!!
EVOLV3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
So many badass cars.... And then a Viper with a los bandaleros paint job.
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
99slobra
Fa Sho

99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough
Yeah they will sit as evidence for till the trial is done and then they will hit the Auction in Orlando..

I'm bringing a ton of cash..lol
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
Widebody
2,000 posts club

Widebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Widebody
All the pills everywhere come from florida. People from up here drive down there, hit a few pain clinics and come back to sell. what happens with pills in florida stays in florida and you can go to different clinics in the same day. If they would change that it would fix so many damn dope heads up here. Its a fucked up deal but I guess its a big revenue down there
Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
99slobra
Fa Sho

99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough
it's a massive problem down here.

More in the Miami area though.
99slobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
I could sit there and cream my pants over and over listening to those cars getting loaded up. They sound AMAZING even just idling. Those old muscle cars...goddamn...Just about all of them had a monster blower lol. I love how old style cars sound when built.
Squale iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #11
RTE117
RIP Hot Rod

RTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really nice
150K/day? I wouldn't even know what to do with 150K/year.

Must be the country boy in me.
RTE117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Nati
Baller

IO was watching a tv show about the pill problem in florida a long time ago and IIRC they say you get 5-10 years for each pill they find on you or something like that. It may have been 25 yrs I will see if I can find it.
Nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
BOOSTFREAK
CSS newbie

BOOSTFREAK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BOOSTFREAK
Before i moved here there was something on the news everyday about a pain clinic getting busted. One of the doctors was from my area. Lived in a huge house with a bunch of fancy cars and a lambo in the garage. When i first heard about those clinincs i kinda figured it would lead to all this. Now there trying to get rid of them all.
BOOSTFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote