Name that car - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Honda / Acura Discussions

Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Name that car
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which cars this particular set of headers will fit? My guess would be the ls motor from early integras, but I could be wrong. When I purchased them, I was told they would fit any SOHC civic, crx, or del sol car. This was not the case though (I've never owned a honda, so I do not know how to tell the small differences in some of their parts).

v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
Post a pic of the ports. Looks like a b-series header from the pic you already posted.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
It has an O2 bung in location for a D series.

Are you sure it doesn't fit? How competent is the person that did the test fit
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
It was myself and yes it does not fit. I bought a different set of 4-2-1 headers and they are a lot different. First off, the dp is angled higher, and is shorter. Also, the headers are angled more in. The bracket for mounting the dp is not on that side either. The o2 sensor mounts at a different angle (more towards the front of the car and down). Just to show a general picture, this is what the set I just installed on it looks like (no this is not the actual set, but looks 100% alike):
Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
xander
2,000 posts club

xander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to xander
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL SLW View Post

Are you sure it doesn't fit? How competent is the person that did the test fit
heh heh heh..you said BUNG

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL SLW View Post
I didn't even notice that little guy. Sneaky.
PiranhaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
HeadeR. One header. You only have one header.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
HeadeR. One header. You only have one header.
whether it is singular or plural does not answer my question
Old 12-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
xander
2,000 posts club

xander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to xander
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop View Post
whether it is singular or plural does not answer my question
Someone didnt pay attention in english class.

just fuckings with you mans....
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
man, singular.

OP: who cares, throw that ricer garbage in the trash

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
man, singular.

OP: who cares, throw that ricer garbage in the trash
That's what I was thinking. What's those b/d series manis go for? Like a dollar?
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

no idea, but since it's my little brother's car/money, I told him I would try to sell them.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
grjp1988
Css RICER

grjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nice
cant you go to a local autozone or something and get a manifold gasket to match it up?
07 Jet powered Gixxxer 1000 - gone
grjp1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

funny thing is, the gasket lines up. After all the research I've done, I'ms tarting to wonder if this will work on a d series motor, just not the one that I have. What I mean by that is, that it may match up to say a crx. The manifold fit, it just wasn't angled correctly to mate up with the rest of the exhaust.

I do appreciate your help though guys/girls. It's always nice to learn about another platform that I never work on besides the routine maintinence
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

I think I'm just going to throw it up on ebay and see if someone will buy it. I really don't care what it fits or doesn't fit lol. I just figured I would be better off knowing what I'm selling