D2 coilover snapped! - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
brent_si™
Ramming speed!

brent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura about
D2 coilover snapped!
I did some research on these coilovers before I bought them. Heard a lot of good things even from STM. So I bought these d2 coilovers about 2 weeks ago. They were put on last saturday with no issues no broken bolts only took about 2 hours. I noticed a vibration afterwards so I went ahead and bought an axel to fix the problem. I got the old axel out and the new one in and went to put the bolts back in the bottom of the strut. Next thing I know boom the strut rod breaks. The spring hits me in the head after ricocheting off the inner fender and damaging my fender a bit. Now I have a $1100 suspension that is broken on one corner and im afraid to drive on the other 3 if I was to replace it. Luckily my head is ok and I wasn't driving the car it could have been much worse. This is my daily driver so I also now do not have a car to drive to work. I don't exactly know how to go about getting a refund or getting this taken care of. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A few pics of the broken strut.

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
What did you expect from Taiwan junk? Just because some have had good luck with them doesn't make them a quality product.

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
hksdsm11

hksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to hksdsm11
No part is retard proof.
hksdsm11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Never see a Koni do that.....

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
http://www.d2racing.com/contact/contact-2/

Maybe start here.....
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
brent_si™
Ramming speed!

brent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura aboutbrent_si™ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
What did you expect from Taiwan junk? Just because some have had good luck with them doesn't make them a quality product.
I did not know they are made in taiwan until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
I contacted them but they want me to send in the entire set for test and inspection. I really dont want to do that because I may never get them back or get a refund.
brent_si™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
uhhh, they are not going to just take your part.... send them the shit, and demand a replacement set.

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
Quote:
uhhh, they are not going to just take your part.... send them the shit, and demand a replacement set.
+1

Lolz
CASANOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
MR2Don
Z OH SHIT

MR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MR2Don
Brent, Good Luck Buddy. I really hope you have some luck dealing with this. Even then I would not want another one to replace this. Just be lucky this didn't cause serious damage, These coil-overs are for the Hard-Parked / Hella Flush never over 100mph crew. The combination of our salty winters, and harsh roads will absolutely destroy these low quality parts. Cheap low grade aluminum and poor construction & materials. Demand a refund of all 4 corners and get into a Koni/ GC setup or something like a Apex/ Fortune Auto/ KW / Stance Coilover.
MR2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
cabech984

cabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_si™ View Post
I contacted them but they want me to send in the entire set for test and inspection. I really dont want to do that because I may never get them back or get a refund.
I'd send them back and demand a refund! To hell with driving around on sketchy parts.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2Don View Post
Demand a refund of all 4 corners and get into a Koni/ GC setup or something like a Apex/ Fortune Auto/ KW / Stance Coilover.
Assuming that it makes her dance
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon01GT View Post
Assuming that it makes her dance
Stance always makes her dance.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Bad time to ask for a 40 roll?

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
jdredd
1,000 posts club

jdredd is on a distinguished road
Yikes..

Is it me, or is the shaft a bit on the puny size?
jdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #15
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I did some research on these coilovers before I bought them
Quote:
I did not know they are made in taiwan until now.
Ahhh, the lolzzzzzzzz
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Dispute via. credit card?
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #17
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #18
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
This thread seriously has some of the dumbest comments.

If you don't understand why they want all 4 corners back for testing then just lock this thread and move on.

As for where they are made.....who cares. Just because its made in another country does not automatically mean its crap. 'Mericuh isn't exactly exactly the manufacturing super power it once was....

STM and AWD Motorsports have both had great success with this brand of coilovers. There are also a lot of people I see on the Evo forums that are happy with their D2 coilover.

You had a failure, it happens. Now send the shit back to them so they can figure out why and get you a new set.

Can't fix stupid I guess....
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
brent_si™
Ramming speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej1bmx View Post
Ahhh, the lolzzzzzzzz
Should have said read some reviews....

Its back together with stock suspension now so we will see what happens.
brent_si™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
AussomeA
Huh??

AussomeA is on a distinguished roadAussomeA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AussomeA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
Dispute via. credit card?
^^ the man has a point. Try the refund route first, and if they give you a hassle, go to your credit card, they'll reverse the charge immediately. GL
AussomeA is offline   Reply With Quote