Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
dc5ivtec
CSS newbie

dc5ivtec is on a distinguished roaddc5ivtec is on a distinguished road
Cars needed for Magazines
Now that it's warming up outside, it's about the time that I need to start locating cars to shoot for this summer. Whether you want to try your hand at getting your own car featured, have a project car that you'll be finishing this summer, or you have a friend whose car you think has a chance, feel free to let me know. Doesn't have to be in Cincy. I generally cover most of this midwest/southeast.

Magazines that I can get cars featured in include:

Import Tuner
Modified Magazine
Honda Tuning
Euro Tuner
Rides
Possibly some of the domestic magazines although truthfully I dont have any contacts currently.

I think most of you all probably know the types of cars magazines are looking for these days, but I would say that there has been a shift toward more performance/track based cars. Drift, stance, and show cars are generally undesirable for magazines. Also they are really cracking down on knock off parts/wheels. Even if your car is super clean, if you have any piece of knockoff aero or wheels, they are generally going to turn it down.

I don't post here nearly as often as I used to, so I don't know how many of you all still remember me. Just for those that think I'm trolling, here are some of my past shoots.

If you think you have a car or know of someone that may have a car that needs to be featured, please pm me images, complete mod list, and contact information. If you don't mind posting that information publicly, feel free to do so in this thread.

Thanks guys.

Import Tuner - Modified Magazine - Modified Luxury and Exotics - Modified Mustangs - Turbo Magazine - Honda Tuning
dc5ivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Can We Get My Vette In Honda Tuning?
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
jdm_kcar
Chronic Bater

jdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_kcar is a glorious beacon of light
Only if it is pulling trains on your si.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
NoWay, The Si Ivtec!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
I know that Marauder, nice pics.
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
BadeffinLSx
1,000 posts club

BadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura about
Sick shots! You can shoot my mullet car if you want

BadeffinLSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
P
german scheisse

P has a spectacular aura aboutP has a spectacular aura aboutP has a spectacular aura aboutP has a spectacular aura aboutP has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to P
my coworker has a pretty cool bmwhttps://www.facebook.com/EurautoInc?ref=ts&fref=ts

stg 2: let the breaking of shit commence!
P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Hrmm, I would have thought both mine and my dad's S13's would have made an interesting story, my car doesn't really fit a "track car" as in what most readers would expect. I'm guessing these track cars are circuit/road race style track cars and not drag race cars?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
YBE2FAST
Outsider

YBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the roughYBE2FAST is a jewel in the rough
Wish I has a good set of wheels and I would be all for it. If my car be even something worth shooting
YBE2FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
If performance/track cars with legit parts and fabrication... First import that comes to mind to me is Kevin Doe. But I dont know if more 'real' performance/tracks are what you are looking for, or cars dolled up to look the part...

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
srt21
I FASTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
If performance/track cars with legit parts and fabrication... First import that comes to mind to me is Kevin Doe. But I dont know if more 'real' performance/tracks are what you are looking for, or cars dolled up to look the part...
Thought his car was mostly American??
2006 Civic SI (reliable and awesome)
2003 Honda CRV
Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
shakenbake01
CSS regular

shakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura about
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but it cleans up nice.

shakenbake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
MR2Don
Z OH SHIT

MR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MR2Don
The Z is always available for photo shoots.
MR2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
dc5ivtec
CSS newbie

Quote:
Can't be just one. There are of course rare exceptions where either the car or fabrication work is something everyone would appreciate, but for the most part they have to look the part, as well as perform.

That Supra I included I'm sure many of you all will recognize as it's from Ohio, but it does an 8 sec quarter mile and had some of the best detail work I've ever seen. Completely polished engine, custom carbon fiber dash covered in suede, etc. Completely overkill, but the workmanship is second to none.

That being said, the magazines have definitely shifted more towards function over form. It can't look stock on the outside, it can't be beat up on the outside, and if it is a track car, it needs to have a legit interior (roll cage, racing buckets, etc). But it doesn't have to be a beauty queen. The past two cars I've photographed have been 240sx's setup for road racing. Both were LS swaps, but neither looked like show cars.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
dc5ivtec
CSS newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2Don View Post
The Z is always available for photo shoots.
I'm not familiar with any of your cars guys. If interested in submitting your car, please either post pictures in this thread or shoot me a pm.

Big thanks to all who have already contacted me. For those of you who have builds currently in progress, please keep me in the loop.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5ivtec View Post
Can't be just one. There are of course rare exceptions where either the car or fabrication work is something everyone would appreciate, but for the most part they have to look the part, as well as perform.

That Supra I included I'm sure many of you all will recognize as it's from Ohio, but it does an 8 sec quarter mile and had some of the best detail work I've ever seen. Completely polished engine, custom carbon fiber dash covered in suede, etc. Completely overkill, but the workmanship is second to none.

That being said, the magazines have definitely shifted more towards function over form. It can't look stock on the outside, it can't be beat up on the outside, and if it is a track car, it needs to have a legit interior (roll cage, racing buckets, etc). But it doesn't have to be a beauty queen. The past two cars I've photographed have been 240sx's setup for road racing. Both were LS swaps, but neither looked like show cars.
Have you seen Kevin's car lately?

(though to be honest, not sure that Kevin is interested in magazine shoot stuff, he didnt seem to be when I mentioned this thread to him the other day)

Last edited by JuicedH22; 04-05-2013 at 01:13 PM..
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
TurboCelica
Bonehead Golfer

TurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of lightTurboCelica is a glorious beacon of light
7sec quarter mile on the supra... He wants cars that have no imperfections I'm sure most cars on this site are not that at all.
TurboCelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
dc5ivtec
CSS newbie

Quote:
Have you seen Kevin's car lately?

(though to be honest, not sure that Kevin is interested in magazine shoot stuff, he didnt seem to be when I mentioned this thread to him the other day)
haha I have not. I don't keep up with this site nearly as much as I used to or would like to.

I don't even know what type of car he has now. At one point did he have an ls-swapped rx7. I think I remember talking to him about it a few years ago.