97 Eclipse 2.0L NON-Turbo, Poor fuel economy, and rough idle at times - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mitsubishi Discussion

Old 09-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
SuperCRX504
CSS newbie

SuperCRX504 can only hope to improve
97 Eclipse 2.0L NON-Turbo, Poor fuel economy, and rough idle at times
Ok guys I need some infomation and expertise on my 97 eclipse and what might be causing this poor fuel economy... ALright, what I've done so Far,

Replaced Air filter
Replaced Spark plugs
Cleaned IAC
Checked For good spark (everything's good)
Compression check all cylinders (all good)
Checked for Vacuum leaks (None found)
Checked Fuel Pressure-
Found Fuel pressure High and Sporatic at Idle between 45 and 54psi
Specification says its suppose to be at 38psi, Ran at 2500 rpm found fuel pressure stayed steady at 50 psi (which is good)

I thought for sure it was a fuel pressure regulator so I replace it, retested found same issue (NO CHANGE), I'm kind of back to square one and a little frustrated. Please help... Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Lol. Buy a Civic?

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
SuperCRX504
CSS newbie

That's what I was telling my brother when he bought the car. It runs good for the most part and everything works... Me on the other hand, I would have bought a civic. Got an Audi though. AWD turbo 18 psi Baby, a civic is just too slow and doesn't feel like a million bucks.
SuperCRX504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Oh wow, an Audi. Well you know what's up.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Lol @ the missed sarcasm.
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
Bwahahahaha

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
MR2Don
Z OH SHIT

MR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MR2Don
This is pretty much how I picture the OP
MR2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Lol Dawn.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
SuperCRX504
CSS newbie

I didn't post this shit up here about the eclipse for nothing... Is there anybody that has come across a problem similar to this one? I did like the rooster thing, that was funny, ever seen them fight off animals, now that a blood gushing sight...
SuperCRX504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

It's because top gear did a skit about Audi owners being cocks....