Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > BMW

Old 01-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
Coch240SX
CSS newbie

Coch240SX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Coch240SX Send a message via Yahoo to Coch240SX
Any other Bimmer drivers out there
Hey, just checking if there were any other Bimmer owners on here. I know there's got to be a few.

Just to introduce myself my name is Jeff and I have a 1997 Estoril Blue M3 coupe. Hopefully there's some others out there.
Coch240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
there are a few people on here with them. nothing special though.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
slapstick
The Galvinizer

slapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to slapstick
Pics!!!!

-Gavin

94 Prelude. Sold.
92 Cherokee. Drowned in East Fork River.
97 Grand Cherokee. Mall crawler.
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Coch240SX
CSS newbie

You'll have to excuse me but I'm not sure how to post pictures. I've been on here for a while but I usually just read and don't post much.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
hey man I got Z3, I mite have raced you last summer on 275 by Colerain... got any pics man?
CASANOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
I had a silver 98 M3 sedan last year for about a month. It was slow as balls so I sold it.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
alex
POS NEON

alex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
I had a silver 98 M3 sedan last year for about a month. It was slow as balls so I sold it.
For some reason this prompted me to search this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick
I bought a used modded Evo for a DAILY. I also have a E36 M3 and a 1G DSM that will thoroughly roast about 99% of the cars on here.

alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
For some reason this prompted me to search this quote:

[/I]
Oh I'm sure there are far better examples of extreme benchracerism out there. Like 10,000+.

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
I used to own one

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
antwon6420
Is Your Father

antwon6420 will become famous soon enoughantwon6420 will become famous soon enoughantwon6420 will become famous soon enoughantwon6420 will become famous soon enough
I also had a 95 M3, but sold it last year to buy my evo. It was a badass car, and was fun to drive, but everything is too expensive on them.
antwon6420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwon6420 View Post
I also had a 95 M3, but sold it last year to buy my evo. It was a badass car, and was fun to drive, but everything is too expensive on them.
hey man u know a decent shop that works on BMW's w/out costing an arm, a leg and whole month's pay check?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #12
Zerolift01
1,000 posts club

Zerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASANOVA View Post
work on BMW's w/out costing an arm, a leg and whole month's pay check?

There are not many BMW's that fall into the category of NOT costing money.
Depends on what work you are looking to do to the car, and i can recommend a shop based on that.

http://www.facebook.com/Zerolift
Zerolift01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerolift01 View Post
There are not many BMW's that fall into the category of NOT costing money.
Depends on what work you are looking to do to the car, and i can recommend a shop based on that.

basic services like tune ups, suspension, brakes etc...
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #14
coolnick
is a ricer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASANOVA View Post
basic services like tune ups, suspension, brakes etc...
Just PM Brent, he works for the BMW Store and does side work at his garage.

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #15
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

Quote:
Ok i will thank you!!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
Coch240SX
CSS newbie

I have to partially disagree with those saying that BMW maintenance costs significantly more than other makes out there. In the three years I've owned my BMW I've noticed that, with the exception of M specific parts, prices for parts aren't much more expensive than for any of my other cars. By joining the BMW CCA you can also get a 20% discount at the BMW Store.

The big expense in my eyes comes in trying to adhere to BMW's rather strict maintenance schedule. BMW does have a rather conservative view of the lifespan of wear-item parts and if taken to a dealer for a full Inspection I or II it can be pretty pricey. They're like any other car out there though; as long as you keep up on preventative maintenance the problems that do arise have less of a chance of developing into larger, catastrophic problems later.

A BMW can be as expensive or as cheap a car to maintain as you desire. A BMW might out-pace a Toyota Camry when it comes to maintenance costs but the added expense is worth it when you consider the driving rewards that the BMW offers over said Camry.

Just my thoughts.

And to CASANOVA, I'm not sure if Enthusiast Auto is doing maintenance/repair work or not but if they do you might want to check them out. They specialize in BMW's, mainly in M cars. I don't have a number but they're located at the corner of Reading and Kemper if I remember right.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #17
Zerolift01
1,000 posts club

Zerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura aboutZerolift01 has a spectacular aura about
I have to bring down the house on the whole CCA discount thing. BMW dealerships have standard retail for any given part.... say that part is a Clutch Kit.... Say it has a retail of $389.... Add 25% to that and roughly thats the over the counter cost to any other customer besides..... BMW CCA members.... so your 20% discount is really bringing the price back down to ACTUAL retail numbers.

Jeff...... Enthusiast Auto Group is accepting standard maintenence and upgrade service appointments..... Just BMW is pretty much going out of business.... they were given 5 months to vacate their property 2 months ago. And i am now with Zerolift Autolab.......
Thanks,
Robert --------- formerly of Just BMW and Enthusiast Auto Group.

Last edited by Zerolift01; 01-21-2008 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: details
Zerolift01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #18
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coch240SX View Post
I have to partially disagree with those saying that BMW maintenance costs significantly more than other makes out there. In the three years I've owned my BMW I've noticed that, with the exception of M specific parts, prices for parts aren't much more expensive than for any of my other cars. By joining the BMW CCA you can also get a 20% discount at the BMW Store.

The big expense in my eyes comes in trying to adhere to BMW's rather strict maintenance schedule. BMW does have a rather conservative view of the lifespan of wear-item parts and if taken to a dealer for a full Inspection I or II it can be pretty pricey. They're like any other car out there though; as long as you keep up on preventative maintenance the problems that do arise have less of a chance of developing into larger, catastrophic problems later.

A BMW can be as expensive or as cheap a car to maintain as you desire. A BMW might out-pace a Toyota Camry when it comes to maintenance costs but the added expense is worth it when you consider the driving rewards that the BMW offers over said Camry.

Just my thoughts.

And to CASANOVA, I'm not sure if Enthusiast Auto is doing maintenance/repair work or not but if they do you might want to check them out. They specialize in BMW's, mainly in M cars. I don't have a number but they're located at the corner of Reading and Kemper if I remember right.

yea thanks a lot and to u too Robert!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #19
BigBump
The Imperial Fist

BigBump is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BigBump
I guess that would be me.

88 750iL
95 740i Sport
01 M5

and a 240.

If you want some good indy BMW guys, Enthusiast Auto on kemper and Reading down the way from scarlet oaks is where you want to be. Then Either Just BMW or the guy in Blue Ash (can't remember his name).

If you have to go to a dealer, go to the BMW store. I bought my 740 from sweeney, and I've had nothing but problems. - matter of fact it's there right now trying to get the wipers fixed. I told them the issue and they are still working on it. My service contact's been cool about things, but I should have taken it to the best place to begin with. I figured they sweeney would at least make good on a car that they sold me.

Lesson learned.

If you need anything else, let me know.
BigBump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
shh. i can get fired for it.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote