Mopar Neons Represent - Page 3 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Dodge / Mopar Discussion

Old 12-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #41
ObsesseDSM
living it up

ObsesseDSM is infamous around these partsObsesseDSM is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to ObsesseDSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
An SRT-4 with a blow-off valve, has no choice but to blow off alot. They blow off in reverse.

Secondly, I have $100 on the Neon pulling the 1g on the highway, up for the bet? :)

as interesting as that sounds, fwd vs awd on the hwy...why cant we stop being pussies and go from a dig?? I would have already raced you mike but my trans was shipped with a mount bolt broke the fuck off, apparently some jackass sent tre a core with a bolt sheered off. well, i drilled it out half way and found a bolt extractor broke off half way down. trans is already back in michigan but... now he has to "find" another trans and swap my stuff in it. Hes had it since thursday but hes on vacation. hahaha.

How about we just race from a stop, and after i show you my tail lights you can have your fun on the hwy.
ObsesseDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2006, 06:52 PM   #42
ObsesseDSM
living it up

ObsesseDSM is infamous around these partsObsesseDSM is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to ObsesseDSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
#1, I'm still on the stock purge valve.
#2, I'm not a douche bag.
#3, I'm in Milford alot, but wrong neon.

sweet, i was hoping it wasn't you, this kid thinks his bov is the neatest thing evar!!!!11
ObsesseDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #43
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
I didn't know there was another OB in the area, haven't seen him...
If it makes you feel better I did buy a HKS BOV though, just haven't bought the hard pipes yet. (Got a good deal on the HKS BOV, FREE!).
But that shit's annoying, so I understand where you're coming from. That's like all these damn civic's and mustangs revving at me..shit is so annoying I want to punch them in the fucking face.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #44
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
PS: I'll race from a dig when I aquire the driver mod.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #45
noTe
1,000 posts club

noTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I had a good month, I'm commission..so good months I blow money, bad months I don't...
I would consider your CO's/Sway bars if you would drop the price some.
S3 Coilovers brand new are $1500 and Hotckhis Sways are $300.

Good luck getting them cheaper than what I offered you.
noTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #46
bigwoofersnet
Click.

I don't even remember what you offered..refresh my memory?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #47
Blake
R.I.P Molly

Blake can only hope to improve
Send a message via MSN to Blake
i got a neon motor in my talon....does that count

Kordenbrock Motorsports - Custom Fabrication, Turbo Manifolds, Downpipes, Dumptubes, Intercooler Piping, Traction Bars, Catch Cans, Head and Crankcase Vents, and much more @ www.kms-fab.com

I dont wanna do 90's
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #48
bigwoofersnet
Click.

I don't know...does it run?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #49
noTe
1,000 posts club

noTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don't even remember what you offered..refresh my memory?
$1150 for the coilovers and sway bars

vs

$1700 for them all new.
noTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #50
Blake
R.I.P Molly

Quote:
I don't know...does it run?
not at the moment......in the middle of the build up.....lots and LOTS of work
Old 12-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #51
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Is it the 2.4L turbo charged? I'm curious why you would do this? Just to be different or ? Pretty interesting project!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #52
Mannon
No car.

Mannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Mannon
I'm not a neon or talon guy but I'm guessing 420a right. Same motor as a talon no? Inform me.
Mannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #53
Blake
R.I.P Molly

Quote:
Is it the 2.4L turbo charged? I'm curious why you would do this? Just to be different or ? Pretty interesting project!
ita a na talon...came with the 420a.....threw a rod about a 2 years ago and said fuck it....built the bottom end(je piston 8.8:1, bored 50 over, eagle rods) then i started on the head planning to go all motor htat didnt last long with the help of KMS ....pics are to big right now and dont have the time to resize them but you can check it out at

http://www.kms-fab.com/blakes_car.html
Old 01-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #54
dunny
crazy neon owner

dunny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dunny
I have a neon. It's a first gen coupe. I used to have a 12 second SRT4 but didn't drive it much so I sold it while it was still worth a decent amount. My coupe will be finished soon....should have around 300whp on the turbo and I'm not sure yet what will happen when I throw some juice on it. I'm looking to hit 11's on the stock SRT4 turbo. Project photos are here:

http://thedarkroom.us/jason_pics/gallery2/main.php

I enjoy having everyone tell me how shitty, gay, cheap, slow, etc, etc. neons are because it's that much enjoyable to surprise them with decent performance numbers I find it much more rewarding that way then going with what is popular...but I guess that is just me. Plus, they are cheap to work on and build up (for the most part) so I don't have to spend all of my spare $$$ on the car.....but other things in my life. So it's a good situation for me and I continue to be happy with my little neon

HELL YA Blake! Looks great! I can't wait to see some numbers......

'96 neon 11.822@118.82mph
'04 Dakota SXT CC 4x4
'91 318i
'06 325xi
'09 135i

Last edited by dunny; 01-29-2007 at 08:55 AM..
dunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #55
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
Quote:
now that i think about it every morning when i left my old apt. to go to work around 7:15 i would see you getting off 275 milford exit onto 28. was that you?

also i think theres another orange srt-4 neon around with neon underglows
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #56
bigwoofersnet
Click.

I don't think so.. I live in beechmont and drive up 275 to Fields Ertel everday.
Usually around 8:30-9:00am im on 275. Now I have a buddy that lives out toward Goshen and I might of been coming/going but I think there's maybe an orange one out that direction somewhere because someone else pointed him out, but I've never seen him.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #57
Eric
HP Addict

Eric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Eric
There's a slew on the NKY side...Atleast 10...I see them constantly
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #58
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sunsetss View Post
There's a slew on the NKY side...Atleast 10...I see them constantly
Not good.. I hope a sudden earth wind blows them away into the hills of ky.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #59
redZ24
1,000 posts club

redZ24 will become famous soon enoughredZ24 will become famous soon enoughredZ24 will become famous soon enoughredZ24 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to redZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to redZ24
Quote:
I don't think so.. I live in beechmont and drive up 275 to Fields Ertel everday.
Usually around 8:30-9:00am im on 275. Now I have a buddy that lives out toward Goshen and I might of been coming/going but I think there's maybe an orange one out that direction somewhere because someone else pointed him out, but I've never seen him.
i seen a orange one at the gas station on off the milford parkway a couple days ago, thought it was you at first till i got closer n noticed the stock color wheels and wasnt wingless
Old 01-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #60
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redZ24 View Post
i seen a orange one at the gas station on off the milford parkway a couple days ago, thought it was you at first till i got closer n noticed the stock color wheels and wasnt wingless
Seriously, what's the deal? They need to find another city, there's not enough room for all of us.