can't seem to figure it out - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mitsubishi Discussion

Old 03-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
vr-4 galant
20 psi

vr-4 galant is infamous around these partsvr-4 galant is infamous around these parts
can't seem to figure it out
I just put my car back together and it drove perfect up untill I pulled into my driveway after I took it for the test run. the car is idling like it is camed, but it has stock cams and usually I'm told its a tooth out but its not. I've gone through everything, all the wires, plugs, cam angle, coilpack, absolutly everything is good and its not throwing a check engine. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
vr-4 galant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
Sounds like its a tooth out

LOL
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
slapstick
The Galvinizer

slapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to slapstick
Fuel issue? How does it react to the throttle from idle?
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
teddygram
STFU & GTFO

teddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the rough
Try the crank sensor.... Its not fun to get to and takes a little bit of work to change. But that would be my guess, especially since it was fine and then all of the sudden it was cammed.

Grant
teddygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
vr-4 galant
20 psi

vr-4 galant is infamous around these partsvr-4 galant is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
Fuel issue? How does it react to the throttle from idle?
it hesitates only when its cold due to the throtle body being blocked off. But yea fuel pump, injectors, and fpr is good like I said I've gone through everything and can't seem to figure it out. I'm having someone double check the timing today, but from what Im looking at it seems to be in time. I'm still learning things on timing but the person who is checking it is the guy who did it so he should know what he is looking at.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
vr-4 galant
20 psi

Im thinking it may be bad compression but I'm hoping its not, also have the theory now it could be bad injector, because I jst double checked them again and It looks like the one could be stuck closed.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
sbcxtreme
1,000 posts club

sbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sbcxtreme
Do a compresion test. Takes 5 minutes