need help installing springs - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Import Tech

Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
need help installing springs
long story short, i bought an s50 e30 saturday. the car has air suspension and of course half way home it blows a front bag so i had mike trailor it home. the bags are on kw coilover setup so i want to just quickly drop the strut, pull the bag, drop in the kw spring and tighten everything up. of course i cant get the top strut nut to back off without spinning the strut without an impact. so i wanted to see if anyone would be willing to lend me a hand? i need the car asap since i just sold my potiental daily tuesday. oh, and i apologize for the lack of punctuation but my cell sucks
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
use allen wrench to stop the shaft from spinning.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
but how would i get an allen wrench in when my socket covers it. the nut is a bit below the body so i cant just use a wrench

Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
but how would i get an allen wrench in when my socket covers it. the nut is a bit below the body so i cant just use a wrench
http://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-are...essors-230055/

Last edited by Mista Bone; 01-29-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

also, i meant by the original post that i need someone to physically help me haha
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
on my phone, what does the pass through look like?