sr20det or 2jz - Page 4 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Nissan Discussions

Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #61
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
I can't stand that quicker/faster differentiation. They're fucking synonyms. That is all. What he meant to say was that he would have beat him in a drag race, yet at the end, Brent would be traveling at a higher rate of speed, which is completely meaningless in a drag race.
Nice to know. Moooooving on.
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #62
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
So how fast in the 1/4?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #63
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
i didn't say for every car. i meant for a stock sr.....anyways, that hatch weighed 2400lbs with no driver and 1/4 tank of gas.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #64
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Its not a prefect turbo for a stock sr. That's the dumbest shit ever.
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #65
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
Its not a prefect turbo for a stock sr. That's the dumbest shit ever.
what in your opinion is a PERFECT turbo?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #66
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
This is stupid. There is no such thing as a perfect turbo for an engine.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #67
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
what in your opinion is a PERFECT turbo?
For drag racing, certainly not a gt28. I like my turbo, don't get me wrong, but if I was trying to make big power I'd ditch it in a heartbeat.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #68
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
This is stupid. There is no such thing as a perfect turbo for an engine.
I disagree good sir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRoU7dvdujY

lol
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #69
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
I'm writing the FS ad right now for my HTA3586. Hopefully someone has a 2871 laying around they want to trade....may even throw some cash in on my end.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #70
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
I'm writing the FS ad right now for my HTA3586. Hopefully someone has a 2871 laying around they want to trade....may even throw some cash in on my end.
Sold! Ill take it off tonight haha
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #71
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
The gt2871r is one of the better turbos for the SR motor sub 400 hp. Quick spool, full boost is under 4k rpm (iirc) and it CAN crack 400 whp (although it's really pushing it).

But I would think the "perfect turbo" argument is more based on what you're using it for. For drag, if your goal is sub 10 seconds (not saying you're saying that), you'd want a bigger turbo for sure. If you're looking for low 12's, high 11's, it's a good turbo but it's definitely not all it takes..

That quick of a spool = more potential traction issues as well. Just have to account for them..

All that being said, with my HP goals and my build it's my turbo of choice as well. That, or one of those new turbos due to come out some time early this year...

For the record, I am no drag veteran so I'm not trying to claim that... Just adding my $.02.

Last edited by leetfade; 02-03-2011 at 11:03 AM..
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #72
shiftdrift
Banned

yeah, pretty much all the big power supra's should sell their gt47's and such to go for a gt28....
Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #73
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
it IS the perfect turbo....
Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #74
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Well it's probably the most popular one for the SR. :-P
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #75
shiftdrift
Banned

it's the most popular all around turbo for an sr.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #76
shiftdrift
Banned

anyways, if i sold the 2j i'd buy this

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/35968...ecipe-10s.html
Old 02-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #77
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

Its the most popular because no one drag races sr's. Its all dorifto twats that are perfectly content with 280whp.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #78
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

wow, that kit looks like a complete piece of fuck.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #79
shiftdrift
Banned

idk if you saw where he was making 380/385 on a mustang dyno?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #80
shiftdrift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
wow, that kit looks like a complete piece of fuck.
sorry it's not a buschur built kit that costs 7k........it went 10's.