Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Import Tech

Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
RSnightmare
I Like To Go Fast vrrrrrm

RSnightmare can only hope to improve
ka-t idle issue
just put the engine in, car has low idle and usually will just shut off after sitting for a few seconds. i was leaning towards idle control valve but it never had an issue on the previous engine, i have to feather the gas just to keep it running when stopped

anyone have any suggestions?
RSnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
RSnightmare
I Like To Go Fast vrrrrrm

RSnightmare can only hope to improve
we had also ran a smoke machine test on the intake there are no vacuum leaks,
RSnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Turn up the idle?

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Pull off the IACV and clean it. I've heard of quite a few of these issues resolved by cleaning out the valve.
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Shoulda bought an SR20.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
I wasn't going to go there!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
My KA-T has always idled fine. What is the setup? Do you have a boost/vac gauge?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
leetfade
Back in it

I just reread and I have to agree with Apocalypse. Just adjust the idle screw and get it to the 800-900 pm range and see if it solves the issue before you start chasing down gremlins.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
there is a small vac line that comes out under the throttle body, i think there is a couple of them. one of them needs to go to the cold pipe of your I/c pipes. if this is pluged or not hooked up then it will idle low or not at all like your sayin
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
nsaniti
OMNOMNOM

nsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of light
https://www.cincystreetscene.com/foru...170#post999170

I believe your answer is in there.

nsaniti is offline   Reply With Quote