Paint Decontamination for rail dust? - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Paint & Body

Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
Thanks for the suggestions, fellas... Push let me know if you have some left over

Here's a pic, not the greatest (direct sunlight right after I washed it today) but all the specs are rail dust.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #22
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Yeah, their ABC system should take that right out and fix it permanently. I should be stopping by my parents sometime this week and I'll see if I have any left.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Iron-X. I've used it on multiple cars. I'm still suprised the original dealer didn't do a chemical bath on it to cleant his off.
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
Well I'm curious what the ABC system will pull out of the paint other than the iron rail dust... if it's good for other things too, I'll go that route.

So far I'm thinking;
Wash
ABC step 1
ABC step 2
ABC step 3
Wash
Clay
Wash
Polish (probably Griot's Garage Machine Polish 3 or 4, don't have too many fine scratches yet)
Paint sealant
Wax
sxShep is offline   Reply With Quote