Trade the Kat for this? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Bikes & Hogs

Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
TjCase85
The big guy

TjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to TjCase85
Trade the Kat for this?
You guys know more about bikes then I do. This guy wants to trade me a 2001 Triumph 600 for my Kat. Needs a new fairing and stater cover? If it runs and rides good would it be a good deal? I can do the body work myself but I did not know how much it would be worth. Let me know, he has had it for sale for a couple months on craigslist now. I mean I could always sell the Kat also, he said he would take 2200 for it, and I have a couple offers for 2400-2600

LMK if you think it would be a good/bad idea.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1727122995.html

2004 GSXR 600
TjCase85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
I just talked to Casey Cooper about this bike today. He said they are a good bike, but they had injector issues in the early stages. He said they figured it out, but they got a bad rap for it. I like the looks of the bike though. I looked up the specs, has over 100 hp, low on torque, but seems like a good buy IMO
Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
I have the 650 which is the same bike bigger motor without those issues. They had clutch problems and throttle probs too. I love mine. Deff hard to come by. If price is good pick up. A power commander helps the throttle probs.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
I have the 650 which is the same bike bigger motor without those issues. They had clutch problems and throttle probs too. I love mine. Deff hard to come by. If price is good pick up. A power commander helps the throttle probs.
He told me fuel injection issues, didnt really go into detail much. If a power commander fixes it, seems like a good pick up, I was looking at it as well Tj
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Very comfy bike. Made for handling not for speed. Will get beat by a cbr or r6. If you wanna see what rides like, let me know.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Ampypants
Man whore club

Quote:
Very comfy bike. Made for handling not for speed. Will get beat by a cbr or r6. If you wanna see what rides like, let me know.
If ya want to see how it falls over, let me know.....
Old 05-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
seanm
css

seanm is on a distinguished road
I would rather have @ a 2000 zx9R or even a newer zx6R. I picked up a 2000 zx9R last year for 2500. Little scrape on one side other than that is was good to go. It did have a rebuilt title but for the price I didnt care. If your going to change bikes or get another one you better hurry before everyone thinks their bike is worth 10 times more than it is because its summer. If you like the triumph do it, I never really cared for them.
seanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
No I wouldnt
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
3gEclipseRS
Hemi Baby

3gEclipseRS is on a distinguished road
I dunno, id prolly just hold out until you end up wantin to get a bigger bike like a 750, 1000 or whatever. Just my opinion. For the price though it doesnt sound too bad as long as its it good running condition.
99 Suzuki GSXR 600= Sold
05 Kawasaki ZX6R= 11.9@121mph quarter mile, best so far...
3gEclipseRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I don't know why you bought that dumb thing to begin with.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
Ampypants
Man whore club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hahaha I am totally spreading rep tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
TjCase85
The big guy

TjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gEclipseRS View Post
I dunno, id prolly just hold out until you end up wantin to get a bigger bike like a 750, 1000 or whatever. Just my opinion. For the price though it doesnt sound too bad as long as its it good running condition.
Yeah that is what I think im going to do. I am going to save for probably a gsxr 750 or 1000 for next year. I would have the money now if I sold my bike, but I would rather ride this and maybe get something newer next year. I rode my buddies Busa and my other buddies Zx6r and I liked both of them very much.

Quote:
I dunno, maybe because if I sold it right now to the lowest bidder, I would come out about $900 bucks more in my pocket... You do realize that I only paid $1200 for it with a bad chain right??? Clean title...

Last edited by TjCase85; 05-07-2010 at 09:38 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #13
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Then sell it and buy something that isn't the joke of the biking community.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
TjCase85
The big guy

Quote:
Here we go again Mike. Again, I am riding for fun, not to be the fastest. I would ride pretty much anything. Soon enough I think I will be buying a bigger bike to ride and slowly make my way to the track, not everyone can own a cell phone store I am in College full time so I do not have much time to work to actually save.

Last edited by TjCase85; 05-07-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:

And then proceed to make an avatar with you sitting on it. Dude wtf??

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #16
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

I wouldn't say its a joke of a bike. Better than a can-A-tuna. My 650 runs high 10s in quarter. Wouldn't really say that's a joke of bike community.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #17
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:
I wouldn't say its a joke of a bike. Better than a can-A-tuna. My 650 runs high 10s in quarter. Wouldn't really say that's a joke of bike community.
He's referring to the current bike.
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #18
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Oh. Lol
Old 05-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #19
TjCase85
The big guy

Yeah yeah I know. I knew I would get shit for it, but its really a good bike for the price I paid for it, Its not like im going to ride it forever, It was more of a "Hey if I crash it im not out that much money bike" lol

Im debating what my next bike will be. I was looking at GSXR 750s or R6s. Anyone care to comment on either?

EDIT: I changed my mind on the Triumph. I just have a feeling there is more wrong, and talking to the guy its not currently ridable...

Last edited by TjCase85; 05-07-2010 at 11:17 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
seanm
css

seanm is on a distinguished road
As far as a new bike. I had a ninja zx6r that was I think a 98 about 5 years ago and it was plenty fast and I loved it. THEN I looked at a 2000 Yamaha R1 and tested it out. The pure power and pull that thing had was all it took. I sold that and went through a few cruisers and then picked up a 2000 ninja ZX9R and it didn't have the giddy up at all, compared to the R1. Now I have my 05 built up a bit gsxr 1000 and it is CRAZY fast and pulls like a freaking train. I am not a speed freak but I love the fact that in a very little amount of space I can get it from 50 to 120 and back to 50. You said you rode a busa and a 600 and you liked them both. The only advice I can give you is the bigger bikes cost more and once you go big your not going to be able to drop back down and be happy. whatever you do try to go new enough to get fuel injection. Much better ride and very smooth. If your going to switch do it soon so you can get top dollar for your bike. If you want any kind of help finding a bike let me know. I buy and sell bikes and quads and am always on the look out.
seanm is offline   Reply With Quote