Track Day Event Organizers - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Bikes & Hogs

Old 12-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Track Day Event Organizers
*sticky request*

NESBA
An organization I am not personally familiar with. They seem to be a lil more strict on track rules - ie. changing coolant mix to water/water wetter.

There is a once a year (i think) membership fee on top of the event prices
Not sure about a rain check system.

Cycle Options
Cincinnati based event holder exclusively for Putnam Park in Indiana. He gets alot of the weekends for Putnam. Prolly the largest single entity holding events at Putnam. Rules are pretty laid back.

There is no "membership" fee.
No rain checks, race rain or shine.

Sportbike Track Times
Prolly the largest organizer out there for motorcycle trackdays at various tracks. They seem to focus alot on being progressive for riders. IE. If you're overskilled for you class they usually won't let you move up if you're new to them or the tracks.

There is a once a year (i think) membership fee on top of the event prices
There is a rain check system.

Apex 2 Apex
Organization recommended by Carbon01GT that, like Cycle Options is to Putnam, is proprietary to Grattan race track in Michigan.

No membership fee
Dunno about rain checks.

Anymore, post em up and I'll add them to the list.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 12-20-2007 at 02:58 PM..
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Knox
resident biker chick

Knox is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Knox
i want to do a sportbike track time day so bad... i bheard you learn SO much... and apex to apex was awesome!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Just go up to any control rider in between heats and ask them to teach you or some advice. They're real eager to help people learn. At putnam I had a control rider signal me to follow him to show me the lines. I pushed my bike alot harder than I thought I would for time out and getting used to my new bike. Pushed it much harder than my average ride on country roads. I coulda swore I almost buried my elbow at one point but I think that was just anxiety from the experience of sustained low lean angles. After the heat he waited for me to pass him in the pits and followed me to my tent and we bullshitted. He wanted to take me out again and show me a few things but unfortunately my friend was done for the day and ready to leave. We had 6 heats under our belt and were running out of steam since we've been up since 2AM driving to get there. Sleep deprivation definitely took a toll on us. I might buy an enclosed trailer, or build one if I can get material cheap, so we can get a hotel and not worry about our bikes.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 12-20-2007 at 03:06 PM..

Old 12-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
Knox
resident biker chick

hell yea, my friend marydeath just got her race license and has been teaching me since i started. she just bought an enclosed for track days and races.. so it will be great this summer.. at gratton the owner of Apex to Apex threw me on the back with him for a two up ride and flew thru the track.. it was amazing and terrifying lol once i got back on the bike everyone said i was doing so much better...

where do you go backroad riding? we go down to 10 and 22 in ky every sunday

i love it! i got alot faster toward the end of september so i cant wait til next spring you should come down with us one day its always a blast
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
Hot Rod
The Emperor

I goto, or should say used to, 10 n 22 (and a bunch of other shit down there) but after riding at the track I tried doing it again and it pales in comparison and I didn't feel "as safe" as if I were at the track. The idea of low siding at 80+mph into a barn, house, wire fence doesn't sit well with me and is imprinted in my head after my low side in august. All the gear in the world can't save you if you hit something stationary the wrong way. I got injured in my low side not even fucking around and I consider to have hit everything the "right" way considering I shoulda had a closed casket funeral if my helmet didn't perform like it did.

But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be going down there again. However, I prolly won't push it as hard. I normally just cruise at 60mph down there and hit the turn at the same speed. My buddies are getting into racing down there and thats not my cup of tee. I have no timer or racer to beat so I just putt at my own speed rather than railing outta the corners and braking hard for em. I normally never use the brakes when down there cuz I'm not going fast enough, or should I say I lightly use them to adjust speed. I can go stupid fast in a straight line, I don't need to prove that and doesn't interest me.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 12-20-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #6
Knox
resident biker chick

agreed wholeheartedly
the boys(and marydeath) like to go WAY too fast down there i cant even keep up with them and i refuse to as well
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote