2012 GTR 2.9 second 0-60 - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Nissan Discussions

Old 12-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #21
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D
I never have liked cars that use paddles. If it was a traditional 6 speed manual it would be 10x cooler IMO.
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #22
redmike
ginger

redmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to all
I have heard that you prefer sticks better ;)

Last edited by redmike; 12-04-2010 at 10:03 PM..
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #23
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D EVOLV3D
Im sure that one is worn out by now. Even coolnick said it was getting old. But just for safe measure, GOOD ONE PAL!!!!
EVOLV3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #24
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
idk if you know this or not, but if it was a 6 speed manual it'd be a lot slower, the trans that is in it now shifts before you even think of shifting. it's top of the line, you can't have more perfect shifts than it has.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:51 AM   #25
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

I know this but I just hate the feeling of a paddle shift car, I love banging gears.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #26
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolv3d View Post
i know this but i just hate the feeling of a paddle shift car, i love banging queers.
what????

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #27
Tugboat
CSS adict

Tugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
what????
I can't +rep, but I would...lol
my car when its done all motor will at the slowest run a mid 10 i'll put my title on that. i'm not building a stock motor or a street legal car. i'm building a real 4 cyl not like most of the kids that think when you throw a gsr or a single in a car with some headers and a chipped ecu it's fast.

Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #28
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
what????
.....jesus.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #29
redmike
ginger

redmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to all
Lol ....just fun messing with ya.
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #30
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

I figured that out a long time ago.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #31
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLV3D View Post
I know this but I just hate the feeling of a paddle shift car, I love banging gears.
ok Clarkson wannabe :)

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #32
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

You feel more in touch with the car. Some people have the same opinion, doesnt mean im a wannabe!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #33
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLV3D View Post
You feel more in touch with the car. Some people have the same opinion, doesnt mean im a wannabe!
Take your car on a road course, then take a car with paddle shift on the same course. You will change your mind. Hell, even on autox you would say you want paddle shifts. The a3 shifts 100X faster than you can bang gears.

When you are pushing a car to the limit, would you rather have both hands on a wheel shifting gears in miliseconds, or would you rather be going around a turn in full g's taking hand off wheel to downshift? If you say the second option, you havent taken car to full potential.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #34
Larimer
CSSmakesyoudumb

Larimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Larimer
If you're going around a turn at "full g's" and downshifting then I'm guessing you've never been to a road course.
Larimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #35
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
I was just making a point. People bust paddle shift but shifts so much faster. Worked great on autox.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #36
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
What's it take to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just under three seconds flat?
An LSX... that was an easy question...

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #37
schrags
CSS regular

schrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the rough
These keep getting more badass. BUT... i remember looking at 'ring times and it seems the 12 is a lot slower than previous years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
An LSX... that was an easy question...
What about this one?

What's it take to beat a god c6z06 with heads/cam/intake/tune/"driver mod"?
An 09 GTR with exhaust/tune.

skip to 3:00
schrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #38
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
lol
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #39
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
successful thread ftw.
The only thing you did was type a thread title and copy and paste lol congrats I guess.
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #40
EVOLV3D
CSS Ninja

I just have never driven a car where I like paddle shifters. I just enjoy the fact that not everyone is great at driving manual cars where just about anyone can paddle shift a car.