Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Engine Building

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
NissanKid
CSS newbie

NissanKid is on a distinguished road
sr20 rebuild
give me your opinions. just bought a sr20det and before i put it in the car im going through the motor to make sure everything looks good. now what im wondering from my readers is should i replace every piston ring, every seal, etc.. throughtout the motor?? let me know thanks
NissanKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars.....
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Check the oil and coolant. Did it come with the washer fluid tank, may wanna check that as well. Other than that, you should be good to go.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
I don't think that's all really necessary. What kind of shape is it in? I'd just go through and do water pump, oil pump, seals, and call it a day. If you plan on making more power later on then I would do a head gasket and head studs too.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

HATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HATEMENOW Send a message via Yahoo to HATEMENOW
sell it and replace with any lsx god motor of your choice......just sayin
Old 11-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
Make sure to check the flux capicator
grandmaGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Your relation to Datsunkid?

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars.....
Lol
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
If you saw it run and didn't smoke just do pm stuff.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by HATEMENOW View Post
sell it and replace with any lsx god motor of your choice......just sayin
this as a first option. or maybe give the people some more details. milage? ect

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
if you want to go through the troble of replacing rings and bearings, you might as well rebuild the damn thing. most engines will be in good condition and you really dont need to go through all of that anyway.

if you feel like checking the bearings i would just pull the #3 rod. that seems to be the one that goes first. if that looks ok, id let it ride.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
ChukiS13
Schlong

ChukiS13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ChukiS13
check the very bottom of the oil pan. you need to put a straight edge on it. if it has been damaged at all they are notorious for getting starved because thats where the pick-up is. Let me know if you have any issues because im heading back from florida tonight and i have a spare sr sitting down here. Also before you put it in make sure the coolant line from the turbo that goes behind the block is on. I made that mistake and its a b*tch to put on.. also it needs to be braided. Mine was resting on the downpipe by accident and toasted it. These are the mistakes as to why im in florida still.. not on my way back yet haha.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
NissanKid
CSS newbie

NissanKid is on a distinguished road
ChukiS13- alright cool thanks, and that sucks
apocalypse- thats what i was thinking and its in real good shape
mike- no i dont know him

thanks for suggestions
NissanKid is offline   Reply With Quote