over heating - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mitsubishi Discussion

Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
nrr311908
CSS newbie

nrr311908 is on a distinguished road
over heating
i have a 99 eclipse rs and i just replaced the thermostat and water pump and it's still overheating. any idea what else could be wrong?
nrr311908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Slow6.0
Kitten Eater

Slow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the roughSlow6.0 is a jewel in the rough
How is it over heating exactly would help a shit t0n
Slow6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
rocafellavc
CSS regular

rocafellavc has a spectacular aura aboutrocafellavc has a spectacular aura aboutrocafellavc has a spectacular aura aboutrocafellavc has a spectacular aura aboutrocafellavc has a spectacular aura aboutrocafellavc has a spectacular aura aboutrocafellavc has a spectacular aura about
Yeah a description of it would definately help. Can still be many dif. Things
rocafellavc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Rogue Vette
Compensating Mod

Rogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Rogue Vette
Hg
Rogue Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
nrr311908
CSS newbie

usually when i'm driving less than 40 mph, especially when i'm stopped.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Is your radiator flowing properly? Is your head gasket busted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
cabech984

cabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura aboutcabech984 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr311908 View Post
usually when i'm driving less than 40 mph, especially when i'm stopped.
Is your fan working properly? Check relays and fuses, cts, etc.
cabech984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
nrr311908
CSS newbie

My fan is working properly. No indications of a bad head gasket. How can I tell if my radiator is flowing properly?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Is your coolant level where it should be? I'm guessing since you did your water pump, that you replaced the coolant as well? Possible air bubble?
ej1bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
sohcthunder
Asshole By Nature(ABN)

sohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to sohcthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej1bmx View Post
Is your coolant level where it should be? I'm guessing since you did your water pump, that you replaced the coolant as well? Possible air bubble?
^This. Could possibly need bleeding or more coolant.

Also, how are you sure its not a headgasket? What steps have you taken to cross it off the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati View Post

Its guys that gas these bitches up and make them think its ok to be out of the kitchen. Next thing you know she is gonna be talking back and acting up in public
sohcthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #11
nsaniti
OMNOMNOM

nsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcthunder View Post
^This. Could possibly need bleeding or more coolant.

Also, how are you sure its not a headgasket? What steps have you taken to cross it off the list?
good answer.. btw dsms eat HGs lol

nsaniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
nrr311908
CSS newbie

I did add coolant after I replaced the water pump. I also don't see any mixture in the oil to indicate a blown head gasket. My fans do come on when it idles and when I turn the ac on
Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
sonicblu
run n tell that

sonicblu will become famous soon enoughsonicblu will become famous soon enoughsonicblu will become famous soon enoughsonicblu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej1bmx View Post
Yes. Are there air bubbles in your coolant?

92' Calypso Hatch
2 POS Integra's in the Junkyard
sonicblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
87poopra

87poopra will become famous soon enough87poopra will become famous soon enough87poopra will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 87poopra
you sure the thermostat was installed the right way??
87poopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #15
sohcthunder
Asshole By Nature(ABN)

sohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nice
Please tell me you didn't fuck up THAT badly.... If so you should probably leave the job to the professionals next time.

That being said, speak the fuck up. Are you losing coolant? Is it leaking somewhere? How long after you start your journey does it start to overheat? Are the coolant levels where they are suppose to be? Do you have a weak radiator cap? And for the last fucking time, did you bleed the motherfucker?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Does the temp go up and down? Or does it get hot and stay hot? Is this only in traffic? or when you are driving? You're wanting help with your problem, but only giving us half of the information.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
hksdsm11

hksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to hksdsm11
Next time, just copy and paste the above post Robbie.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hksdsm11 View Post
Next time, just copy and paste the above post Robbie.
I didn't say the same thing... so STFU.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
sohcthunder
Asshole By Nature(ABN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaniti View Post
good answer.. btw dsms eat HGs lol
I wouldn't consider that a DSM lol. I think anyone with a DSM would agree.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #20
nsaniti
OMNOMNOM

nsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcthunder View Post
I wouldn't consider that a DSM lol. I think anyone with a DSM would agree.
ok my bad.. that piece of shit rice bucket with a 420a still loves to eat HGs.
nsaniti is offline   Reply With Quote