Bike public sevice announcement: - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Bikes & Hogs

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
R/T
Violent Accelerator

R/T will become famous soon enoughR/T will become famous soon enoughR/T will become famous soon enough
Bike public sevice announcement:
Check your tire pressure!!!!

I know it's warming up and you can't wait to ride, but the 3 most important things in how a bike handles and steers are:

1. Tire Pressure

2. Tire pressure

3. Tire pressure

After racing for so long it's my Pet Peeve, It's really amazing how many bikes I get to work on that have tires that are 10 - even 20psi low when I get them

Most of all in the Spring, people hop on after the bike sitting all Winter and blast off, not realizing this thing is steering like a bus.

*As a general rule for street bikes, between 30 and 35 psi and your good to go.*

Now dammit, go do it!!!

Rant over........
1989 LeBaron GTS Turbo II/555 5speed < 1 of 268
1991 Shadow ES 2.5 Turbo 5 speed Convert
1987 LeBaron 2.2 Turbo 5 speed Coupe
GS1428 Car Tire Bike 8.85 @ 145
Yamahammer RZ350 Drag 11.45 @ 112
Honduh Hawk GT Roadracer

Serious Wood II....
R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Bikers please make sure your front headlamp is working and ON!

Your are a tough item to see and I don't wanna pull out in front of you for not being able to see you. I've had enough friends killed on bikes for any reasons, I don't wanna injure you because I can't see you.

You have a hard enough time with people NOT paying attention for bikers as it is.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
Bikers please make sure your front headlamp is working and ON!

Your are a tough item to see and I don't wanna pull out in front of you for not being able to see you. I've had enough friends killed on bikes for any reasons, I don't wanna injure you because I can't see you.

You have a hard enough time with people NOT paying attention for bikers as it is.
Andddd this is the reason I ride with my brights on all of the time. I'd rather take the chance of getting pulled over for riding with my brights on than having somebody "not see me" and pull out in front of me

But agreed with the OP. I'm hoping to get some new rubbers in the next few weeks. If not, I'll for sure be checking my tires before getting out on the road

Old 03-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
I'll take that bouncing blinding beam of light in my rearview, even slow up just a bit so you can go around.

Truckers and Bikers, never did either but being aorund then enough I know the shit they go through.

Now that AFJ asshat spliting lanes on Columbia Parkway WHILE riding a wheelie, hope you fucking die. There is a time and a place to have fun, that wasn't the time.

Like here :)

Yes a IDIOT buddy of mine rode his Duc from Detroit to the west coast and back in 2009. AKA "Walking the Duc"
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
How do you know it was a afj?

And riders be safe, a newer afj slid on columbia pkwy on dead mans and broke hip.
cold salty streets have no grip so be careful
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
How do you know it was a afj?

And riders be safe, a newer afj slid on columbia pkwy on dead mans and broke hip.
cold salty streets have no grip so be careful
Because he was at the shop when I got there. My old route I had a pickup right down the street, Cat Calls, 3811 Eastern Ave.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Unless it was a very unique bike, I don't see how one could be so sure.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light

My dew rag, tank top, board shorts, and corona sandals will save me if I go down on my jicksur, bro
Old 03-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Nah, it's all about that backwards flat bill, brah!
ej1bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #10
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon01GT View Post
Unless it was a very unique bike, I don't see how one could be so sure.
Because I saw the rider getting off the bike?

Same black leather jacket, blue jeans, and a flat black helmet with the stupid green mohawk on it.

Yep, just be 10,000 of them on Columbia Parkway headed toward AFJ.....
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #11
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
So again..how do you know if afj? Maybe he wasnt but getting bike worked on there.
Lol
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #12
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
I'm behind on biker slang, what is afj?
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #13
The Punisher
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
I'm behind on biker slang, what is afj?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
Because I saw the rider getting off the bike?

Same black leather jacket, blue jeans, and a flat black helmet with the stupid green mohawk on it.

Yep, just be 10,000 of them on Columbia Parkway headed toward AFJ.....
Because no two riders with green Mohawks have never been in the same vicinity at the same time
Carbon01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon01GT View Post
Because no two riders with green Mohawks have never been in the same vicinity at the same time
unless one is riding bitch.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
99slobra
Fa Sho

99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough
Ugh all you fucking yankee's down here for bikeweek.

Go die on the road in your own state. And take your grandma with the tanned flapjack titties back with you.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
R/T
Violent Accelerator

R/T will become famous soon enoughR/T will become famous soon enoughR/T will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99slobra View Post
Ugh all you fucking yankee's down here for bikeweek.

Go die on the road in your own state. And take your grandma with the tanned flapjack titties back with you.
Someone's been hitting the 'Shine again....
R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
Mannon
No car.

Mannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the roughMannon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Mannon
I usually do about 29f/21r and adjust as needed. :)

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk.
Mannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
99slobra
Fa Sho

99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough99slobra is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T View Post
Someone's been hitting the 'Shine again....
always.

seriously though it sucks. Had a guy I knew killed last week by speeding away from a cop and slammed into a lady that turned in front of him.

90 mph into a jeep.
99slobra is offline   Reply With Quote