Coolant Problems - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Honda / Acura Discussions

Old 12-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
ullBsorry
You all make me laugh

ullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the rough
Coolant Problems
92 Acura Integra, 4 door, b18a1, bone stock motor, 276k miles

Tryin to get some different opinions.

Bout a week ago everytime I stopped the heat would go bye bye until I moved again. Checked the coolant and there seemed to be enough so I figured the t-stat was takin a shit. Replaced the t-stat and gasket and topped off the coolant. Heated like a champ and was runnin better. Last night I pulled into the good old DQ and when I stopped I noticed it was a little cold in the car. Felt the heat and it was piss warm. Got home and checked the coolant and it was low. There isnt a coolant leak from anywhere I can tell so I dont know where the coolant would be going.

Any thoughts?
At least this idiot gets it

Last edited by ullBsorry; 12-21-2010 at 08:24 AM..
ullBsorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
Into the oil?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
ullBsorry
You all make me laugh

ullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the rough
Didnt even think of that...lol. Good possibility. Ill prob check that this weekend. Was hopin the motor would last for another 2 months till I replace it with a b18b1.

I do know that there is no oil in the coolant when I filled it back up.

Last edited by ullBsorry; 12-21-2010 at 10:21 AM..
ullBsorry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
jdmlovingcrx
old young guy

jdmlovingcrx is on a distinguished road
look under your oil fill cap, if there is a white milky substance there is coolant in your oil someplace.
jdmlovingcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Damn it........ you got me too. look at the date before you bump shit like this with you white milky substance.....

Last edited by Kisor; 02-18-2011 at 06:06 AM..
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
NateZ28
lsx nutswinger

NateZ28 is on a distinguished road
Does the car smoke? I was going to say sounds like your motor is burning coolent. Any coolent in oil?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
U r dum
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
NateZ28
lsx nutswinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
U r dum
NateZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
Are the blinkers still working? Did you check to make sure the spare tire has air?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
What about the piston rings?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
NateZ28
lsx nutswinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squale iii View Post
What about the piston rings?
That is also a good possibility
NateZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
nsaniti
OMNOMNOM

nsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of lightnsaniti is a glorious beacon of light
muffler bearings prolly, or maybe the blinker fluid is running low. check the canooter valve while ur in there.

nsaniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
dsmgod24
1,000 posts club

dsmgod24 is on a distinguished road
make sure it has a good radiator cap on it.

570awhp pump gas (old worn out engine)
New engine making great power.
dsmgod24 is offline   Reply With Quote