Looking for some RX8 info.. - Page 3 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mazda Discussions

Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #41
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianDave View Post
Rob all i was saying is it's retarded to suggest a car when someone's asking about a totally different car. Just knock it off already. The guy wants advice on an RX8. Not a Vette. Not an MR2. Not anything else. So chill the fuck out on the whole Nut riding of the Corvette.
You could chill out on being a complete faggot. It's a discussion board. If you feel you're too far out of place you can simply not log on. If people want to suggest a vette and steer him in the right direction. So be it. No one is holding a gun to his head.

Quote:
Just make a corvette thread talking about how bad ass the car is and how everyone should own one and leave it out of advice threads.
It's called CSS chat. If I were you, I would never go in it. You're stupidity is overwhelming. There's a good reason why 90% of the board says get a vette. Above C5's being in price range for alot of people looking for a sports car and what not they also deliver the most bang for the buck. You'll never see a forum that doesn't cater to a make or model ever in a resounding voice say "Get an MR2." Why? Because they're general accepted as sub par to other options. This is also why you won't see people jumping on an RX8 train here as well. Nothing terrible about either cars but if given the option to spend some coin... get the vette.

EDIT: Unless he wanted to shove the motor forged on god's anvil into an RX8... THEN we'll all give him a push forward.

Quote:
i get ripped on for never really saying much and being a post whore, but at least my advice when given doesn't only consist of "just get a vette."
You get ripped on because you're incompetent. Just like you're one dimensional train of thought that the general response is dumbed down to "just get a vette." If he likes the RX8 he can get it. But considering we're into sports cars here and the option is available here it would be wise to get a Vette if someone wants an actual performance vehicle. If he wants to just to be a baller and nothing more its up to his preference. The real advice here is get a vette if you want a sports car. If you wanna get a sports car just to be different... well you know who else cries "we're different!" Faggots... Faggots cry about being different and want to be recognized for it. So really the only manly advice here is to get a vette.

Quote:
oh and rob let's just let it go at this. because i don't want to whore up his thread any more than it already is.
You're right this could all have been easily avoided and simplified if you just realized and accepted the fact you have a serious neurological deficiency and not have said anything. But if you realized that then you would know it was wrong and wouldn't have done it and the assessment would be that you don't have brain damage because parts of your brain would need to function in order to realize this. Sadly this is not the case considering you will never realize it so we must resort to the former diagnosis.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 07-17-2009 at 03:49 PM..
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #42
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

ItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of light
wow. you have some serious issues man. if you honestly believe that i am retarded or stupid for not wanting a corvette you're simply out of your mind. how hard is it to just leave it the hell alone. the vette isn't the only sports car. it's not the only car for people. there are PLENTY of other sports cars out there. Not everyone wants a corvette. plain and simple. so it's fucking stupid to sit there and tell everyone to get one. end of story.

EDIT. if you want to give someone advice at least touch base on what they're asking and then say, me personally i would get a corvette. Even though you can't get a corvette for the price you can get an RX8 for. Some people just don't want to spend the money on getting a corvette. some people just don't want a corvette. I'm just sick of corvette nut huggers trying to push corvettes on people who aren't even asking about them. its almost as bad as door to door christians.

Last edited by ItalianDave; 07-17-2009 at 03:54 PM..
ItalianDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #43
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianDave View Post
wow. you have some serious issues man. if you honestly believe that i am retarded or stupid for not wanting a corvette you're simply out of your mind.
No... You're retarded because that is what you got out of what I said and that is not what I said by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
how hard is it to just leave it the hell alone.
ahem
Quote:
because i don't want to whore up his thread any more than it already is.
I dunno, you tell me...

Quote:
the vette isn't the only sports car. it's not the only car for people. there are PLENTY of other sports cars out there. Not everyone wants a corvette. plain and simple. so it's fucking stupid to sit there and tell everyone to get one. end of story.
You could make the same argument for being gay. But we're back to my first response to this reply. If that's what you got out of it, you're fucking stupid as shit.

Quote:
Even though you can't get a corvette for the price you can get an RX8 for.
Now you're just escalating your stupidity... C5's are in the mid-teens. For someone gripping about Vettes being talked about alot you sure as shit didn't read any of it.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #44
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

ItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
No... You're retarded because that is what you got out of what I said and that is not what I said by any stretch of the imagination.
well my bad then lol.

Quote:
Now you're just escalating your stupidity... C5's are in the mid-teens. For someone gripping about Vettes being talked about alot you sure as shit didn't read any of it.
RX8's are in the 10's and mid 13's. RX8's are getting cheaper now.

Regardless. To me it's obnoxious as hell to only ever say "just get a corvette". like you said it's a discussion board. not a "get a vette" board.

and i'm not saying the vette isn't a great sports car. i'm saying that not everyone wants one. so it's stupid as hell to keep suggesting them to literally anyone who asks any sort of automotive advice.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #45
Hot Rod
The Emperor

I got the jist of what you were saying off the bat. But get the jist of what the rest of us are saying. That's all.

I'd rock an RX8 and was contemplating getting one 2 years ago when my g/f found one through work for $8-9k. I sorta regret not buying it... but I wanted to upgrade to my 1000RR. Needless to say the entertainment value for the bike far exceeded the bargain for the RX8.

Back on topic... RX8's are nice. Interior is nice, roomy rear sets, and they look cool. But don't go expecting to whup on the next sports car you see. I'd rock it for a daily and not for the nights and weekend warrior thing.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #46
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
I got the jist of what you were saying off the bat. But get the jist of what the rest of us are saying. That's all.
no i get what you guys are saying i'm just tired of having to scroll past 400 posts of "just get a vette"

Quote:
I'd rock an RX8 and was contemplating getting one 2 years ago when my g/f found one through work for $8-9k. I sorta regret not buying it... but I wanted to upgrade to my 1000RR. Needless to say the entertainment value for the bike far exceeded the bargain for the RX8.
yeah if i had some money to throw around i'd probably get one and do a 3 rotor turbo build on it. but that would be second to the RB26 260z i'd want to do

Quote:
Back on topic... RX8's are nice. Interior is nice, roomy rear sets, and they look cool. But don't go expecting to whup on the next sports car you see. I'd rock it for a daily and not for the nights and weekend warrior thing.
agreed. the op should never expect the car to be a straight liner. but i do think a turbo RX8 would be a great car for autox and road courses.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #47
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Just get a corvette
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #48
Tugboat
CSS adict

Tugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of light
Corvette. Get one.
my car when its done all motor will at the slowest run a mid 10 i'll put my title on that. i'm not building a stock motor or a street legal car. i'm building a real 4 cyl not like most of the kids that think when you throw a gsr or a single in a car with some headers and a chipped ecu it's fast.

Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #49
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Have you considered a Corvette instead?

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #50
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
all this talk about corvette, now i want one.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #51
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Corvettes are for senior citizens.
240Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #52
Rogue Vette
Compensating Mod

Rogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Rogue Vette
I was wrong. Get an RX8. Luigi convinced me of the error of my ways.
Rogue Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #53
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Vette View Post
I lol'd.
240Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #54
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:

yeah cause i definitely said RX8's are better than corvettes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #55
Rogue Vette
Compensating Mod

Rogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Rogue Vette
Simmer down. I was kidding. Take a joke. Soon you'll be on the team ZX2 boards whining about the mean css folk.
Rogue Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #56
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
Simmer down. I was kidding. Take a joke. Soon you'll be on the team ZX2 boards whining about the mean css folk.
lol i know you were. the was about the luigi comment fml...
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #57
The Punisher
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
lol I love you guy's always give me a good laugh
Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #58
toyocam9805
Futbol Ricer

toyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to toyocam9805
Quote:
I personally would swing an S2k>RX8 and obviously the C5 being the best of choices.
x2
Old 07-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #59
xander
2,000 posts club

xander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to xander
s2k's are nice but but not as a DD

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #60
RTE117
RIP Hot Rod

RTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really niceRTE117 is just really nice
For all say I should get a Corvette, well yeah I've obviously considered it. The C5Z and Terminator are my two favorite cars.

I considered the 8 because of the 8-year/100K warranty on the rotary (obviously goes poof with any mods) and the fact that they are cheap(er). Even dealers are only asking 12-16K for low mileage, certified 8's. It would just be my luck that the warranty would end and it would take a massive shit. I'm still nowhere near sold on these cars. The insurance is ridiculous too.

Fuck.
RTE117 is offline   Reply With Quote