dyno predictions. - Page 3 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #41
RyanR

RyanR will become famous soon enoughRyanR will become famous soon enoughRyanR will become famous soon enough
398/367
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #42
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #43
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
well how am i supposed to guess HP when i dont know what your car traps or weighs?
It ran low 11's at 130ish last year with the same shitbox tuning as mine. Power FC's usually yield +30hp over chipped stock ECU's...

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #44
grjp1988
Css RICER

grjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nice
518/399
07 Jet powered Gixxxer 1000 - gone
grjp1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #45
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
Drag/Street S13 Silvia runs 11.0 @ 131.33 on Nitto 555R's. Making 391hp at the wheels. Thanks to Advance Motor Mechanics and Just Engine Management! ... Silvia SR20DET SR20 Drag S13 GT3037S

10.4 @ 136 1.705 60ft, HKS GT3037S @ 25 psi, 503hp @ wheels on E85.

few track times i found that seemed similar with accompanying dyno numbers. should help judge
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #46
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Dyno #s don't mean dick. Its a tool for tuning. Just ask Kevin LOL /thread
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #47
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
I always thought it would make a little over 500. But since dyno numbers are usually a disappointment, I went a little lower
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #48
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
im talking pump gas here, 20 psi. last year it trapped like 122 or something on pump. the 131 trap was on 29psi and race gas. on race gas at 30psi i dont see it making less than 500hp seeing that people make 450+ on the exact same setup on 20psi and pump gas.

kent, i agree dynos are a tool for tuning. the number is just an ego booster. im really wanting the car to run well so i can drive it more than make a number that sounds good.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #49
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
My dyno #s suck dick but I could care less. Just makes people think my shit is slow since every shop seems to crank up the correction factor on their dynos these days
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #50
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
Dyno #s don't mean dick. Its a tool for tuning. Just ask Kevin LOL /thread
In attempt to belittle me, Kent is actually right. It doesn't matter what the final number is, its just a tool to maximize your torque/hp. But if I had to guess

477/356. Keep in mind I have NO clue what similar cars put down. Are you doing it on pump/race, and what boost?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #51
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
If Kent wanted to belittle you, couldnt he just stand next to you?

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #52
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
pump gas ans 20-22psi.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #53
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Oh, in that case I'll guess 439/353
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #54
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
FYI, a car that had made 165-170 NA whp on a dynojet only made 130 NA whp on the Dynapack at TPR, the owner was heartbroke.

Till he went to a autox next day, was the fastest fendered car there in a CRX and looking at the logs....

Quote:
#s on the dyno were bit depressing, but the motor only had ~15min of run time before bolting it up. New wheel bearing friction and crappy rainy weather may have played a part.

However, at the shake down run at OSU yesterday, I was the fastest fendered car by over 2 sec, and had the fastest overall PAX indexed time as well as winning my class. A lot better than I expected considering the HP #s and this being only the 2nd time in 3 years I have driven the car. Granted, all the fast guys were at the pro in Toledo. Divisonals in 2 weeks will be a far better barometer of where we stand.
Quote:
In better news, I compared datalogs from last year at the Peru tour and Sunday's runs. Looking at about 30 points in 2nd gear full throttle sections on 12 different runs the new motor avarages a slightly better rate than last years motor. The average came to 1034rpm/sec increase vs. 993rpm/sec. The interesting thing was intake temps at Peru last year were between 89* and 107*, it was far warmer sunday, the ecu logged intake temps ~130*! I am beginning to believe despite the low dyno #s the engine is actually pretty strong.
Lets race dyno numbers!!!!!!

Kevin, this driver is as "anal" as you about building and setup. Likely just as much of a puny guy as well!

Last edited by Mista Bone; 07-30-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote