sr20det or 2jz - Page 5 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Nissan Discussions

Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #81
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
idk if you saw where he was making 380/385 on a mustang dyno?
Lol that point went right over your head.
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #82
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
To be honest, I can't even respond to you right now. Your dumbness has left me completely speechless right now.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #83
teddygram
STFU & GTFO

teddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the roughteddygram is a jewel in the rough
Yea im with slorice, dude couldnt even clean that kit up a little???? and no mention about shaft play or anything.
teddygram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #84
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
I also think you SR guys need to start running some man boost!! This 12lbs of boost shit you guys run isn't getting it done! I mean the things got a freaking 8.5:1 compression ratio. My shitbox runs 40psi on 10:1 compression!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #85
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
and e85.....and forged internals...
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #86
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
there's a guy in maryland pulling 1.4 60' on a 2876r. i meant 2876 btw. he runs 10.79 @ 124 making 380whp/385wtq on 93 pump gas, stock suspension on slicks....yes he makes way less power than btm and runs faster
why dont you shut your fucking mouth. dude probably spent thousands more than me on his setup to go slower. yeah, the guy went 124 with an absolutly maxed out setup, and doenst have anywhere to go with it. good for him.

my car is far from running at 100%. i cut back in some areas, and could improve with things like more tuning, moar boost, and w.e. not to mention more track time and suspension tweeking to get lower 60s.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #87
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
meh. he is going to a new setup on e85 shooting for 8.90's this year. lol u mad.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #88
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

Quote:
and e85.....and forged internals...
wow you got me!

I guess I should tell all those guys with stock Evo motors they shouldn't run 40psi then either. Yea, they are ticking time bombs but they do it. Stock Evo motors are good for 30psi pretty much all day long.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #89
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Shiftdrift is to this guy as evolved is to USP.

Just when I thought were getting less douchy, you go right back to it
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #90
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
I also think you SR guys need to start running some man boost!! This 12lbs of boost shit you guys run isn't getting it done! I mean the things got a freaking 8.5:1 compression ratio. My shitbox runs 40psi on 10:1 compression!
Hey I'll man up and admit it, I'm too scared too right now!! I still have the stock T28 in there, though.. It's just a heat pump post 14 psi.

I'll definitely be running more boost eventually but I want to make sure everything is built and ready for it versus a lot of people that just slap a new turbo on, crank up the boost, and brag about their numbers until it pops and they have to roll across the line...

I'm sure you did a good bit of building before you went to 40 psi.

And Apocalypse there are a lot of SR's on the strip (based on ratio of 240s of course). I'm sure the vast majority are more of the weekend racer types and not the real, hardcore "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time", type.
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #91
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
LOL, Coming from 10.8, might as well expect 8.90s with a new setup, lol.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #92
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetfade View Post
I'm sure you did a good bit of building before you went to 40 psi.
see post above.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #93
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Yeah these last few posts from shiftdrift really show a good side of him. I've been asking what you're personal best was? IMO if you want to get into drag racing, buy some things that will help with your current setup and you can keep if going bigger, slicks, anti-lag, suspension, a clutch capable of holding expected power and a good limited slip with the gearing you want.

I hate when pipe dream people go out and buy a turbo to start their build, then brag about it. What good is a "380whp" SR that can't get out of the hole. Have fun with the setup you have now, then build from it dude.

So again, what's your personal best?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #94
shiftdrift
Banned

i put the .... because i'll leave that to fill in. if i sell the 2j i'll buy some wider wheels, probably just drag's off ebay to do the job. i have suspension, welded diff (works fine), act clutch.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #95
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
Quote:
idk if you saw where he was making 380/385 on a mustang dyno?
I just looked at the thread and the car made that power with an sr20 stroked to 2.3, ported head and cams. Probably a little different than an internally stock SR.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #96
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Still didn't answer my original question, maybe you can answer this... what tire would you be putting on the ebay wheels?
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #97
shiftdrift
Banned

i'd probably get a 16/17 x 9 and run a 275/40
Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #98
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
Quote:
i'd probably get a 16/17 x 9 and run a 275/40
Do 17's. Decent tires are always so damn expensive for 16's. I think the manufacturers hate making them.
PiranhaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #99
shiftdrift
Banned

yeah the wheels on their now are 16's and i cant' find any good tires haha.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #100
Jesse
Slow race car

So a street radial?
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote