Some pics of my powdercoating - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 02-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
mustangboy
CSS regular

mustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura about
Some pics of my powdercoating
I have a thread over on SBZ of the stuff I've coated. People seem to like to see what different colors look like on different parts so I thought I would start a thread over here as well. The first pic is of a 240 rear subframe done in a color called volvo dk gray met and I shot a satin clear over it. BTW that color is now retired but I can get very similar colors. I will go ahead and post some of my recent stuff and add to it as I do more.

Ford wrinkle blue

Candy red over silver sparkle

More of the volvo gray/chrome fins. Just an example of doing multiple colors

Dormant blue frame/silver sparkle swingarm with gloss clear

Satin black

Mirror orange w/ gloss clear

S&S wrinkle black

Bright green splash w/ gloss clear

Ultimate chrome/acrylic clear

Mirror black

Untitled by mustangboy429, on Flickr
mustangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Ty.

Ty. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Ty.
damn.. im kinda liking the S&S wrinkle black

Email: ty@tcsmotorsports.com
AIM: tcsmotorsports
Ty. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty. View Post
It is a bad ass color, the valve cover looks way better in person.

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
subframe looks badass! too bad ill only see it when im working on the car lol.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
mustangboy
CSS regular

mustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura about
mirror black and silver sparkle all with gloss clear

More ultimate chrome/acrylic clear

Bonded black chrome

This is a ceramic I use alot called turbo black that was designed for turbo systems

Carbide black

SD fire engine red

Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Subframe looks nice Brent!

So does this mean you are still coating or what?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
1sicws6
JDM bum

1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to 1sicws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Subframe looks nice Brent!

So does this mean you are still coating or what?

x2 lol.

Interested in getting a few things done possibly.
1sicws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty. View Post
x2 ... good stuff
Old 02-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
mustangboy
CSS regular

I'm still coating, and turning most things around pretty quick but I just wanted people to be aware that the family is going to come first. I still turn work around way quicker than most any place but there may be times that you may have to wait a week or so to get things turned around. I think I just put too much pressure on myself turn things in only a day or two. Come summer time when all 3 kids are home all the time I won't be able to do as much as I can right now so feel free to contact me if you need something done.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
i think most people can be patient and work with your schedual, and if they cant eff em. im sure i will be coming back for more.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Wolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura about
Very nice work.

Do you have sandblasting cleaning capabilities? How perfect does the piece have to be?

What are your prices?

Last edited by Wolf13; 02-24-2010 at 08:34 PM..
Wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Can you fit an object that is 55" x 18" x 2"?

The top tire hold down bar is what i"m interested in. Do you have any sort of teflon impregnated powercoat?

ps. The work looks top notch!

Last edited by Kevin Doe; 02-24-2010 at 08:52 PM..
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
mustangboy
CSS regular

Kevin I can fit the bar no problem but sorry no teflon.

Wolf I do have a blaster and 50 gallons of some nasty ass stripper. I just ask that you try to get any nasty built up grime off.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #14
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Can you PM me a quote on a aluminum color, or clear, whichever his cheaper for that hold-down.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #15
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
hmmm my s/c would look nice powder coated...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
When you gonna bring that stang over. I may want some bike parts done
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
Widebody
2,000 posts club

Widebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Widebody
You must have a big ass oven! Everything looks amazing and your right around the corner from me!
Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #18
Brennan
CSS regular

Brennan has a spectacular aura aboutBrennan has a spectacular aura aboutBrennan has a spectacular aura aboutBrennan has a spectacular aura aboutBrennan has a spectacular aura aboutBrennan has a spectacular aura about
i love the color on that nitrous bottle.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #19
mustangboy
CSS regular

Quote:
What are your prices?
Pricing varies based on what prep is needed as well as the color. Some color require a clear coat or a customer may want to add a clear for more durability. Feel free to pm me on pricing, I'm really gonna have to sit down and work out a basic price sheet.

Quote:
When you gonna bring that stang over. I may want some bike parts done
Stang is not going anywhere till this snow dries up and the salt is all gone. Where in Independence are you again?

Quote:
You must have a big ass oven! Everything looks amazing and your right around the corner from me!
Yep I have a big ass oven If your in Taylor Mill you can't be to far away.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #20
BES_Stroked_Nova
LSx>you

BES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really nice
how much for a basic carb style intake??
Camaro v6 Race Car
Sadturd gear banging daily family beater
BES_Stroked_Nova is offline   Reply With Quote