notbob
CSS regular

notbob is infamous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to notbob Send a message via AIM to notbob
New whip '90 Audi Quattro V8
Just bought this off craigslist for $1,500 this morning:
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/905994993.html

Absolutely love the car!!!

Any good audi techs in the area? Love to pick someone's brain over a few questions / issues I have.

Car is amazingly clean on the inside, way better then expected.
'91 MR2 Turbo
'95 Eagle Talon TSi (For Sale)
'97 Civic Ex (For Sale)

Pass Any Drug Test - 1-877-420-3386
http://www.detoxforless.com
notbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
i'd rock it .. nice catch
Old 11-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

HATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HATEMENOW Send a message via Yahoo to HATEMENOW
That is the worst audi you could have picked up...I sell audi car parts and have for the past 3 years...all i can say is good luck...

Old 12-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
Rogue Vette
Compensating Mod

Rogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Rogue Vette
I had one and I actually had great luck with it. Used it as a daily for my other home in Minnesota. Actually had more trouble with my 01 A8 then my 90 V8 Quattro. Engine is super smooth and ran well, very comfortable and the quattro is awesome. Not lightning fast by any strech, but has a decent top end once it gets going.

My only issue was brakes, Then sum bitches are expensive. There are actually two different types of brakes on those cars a floating type and a regular.

Enjoy it. I paid $1600 for mine and it ran for 2 years till I donated it after I moved back to Cincy full time in 05.
Rogue Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
notbob
CSS regular

What's so bad about them?

Body on this one is mint only flaw is paint chipping on rear bumper otherwise gorgeous

Interior is totally complete with no rips

Current issues:
Flap for controlling upper vents is stuck shut (any ideas?)

Feels kinda sluggish if u baby it but runs really well with the pedal in a bit more. I'm thinking the o2 sensor needs replaced. When it had a tune up done in January it was still on the factory wires so I bet it's original o2

Has a tiny exhaust leak I need to find and get repaired

Do u sell replacement seat heaters? Drivers one puts out like half the heat of passsenger
Old 12-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
notbob
CSS regular

What is correct fluid for brakes and where to get it? My resevoir is at the min level
Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

HATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by notbob View Post
What is correct fluid for brakes and where to get it? My resevoir is at the min level
go with the Audi Dot4 fluid....not too bad of cars but when shit breaks down..it is high dollar..

its audi's car they wish they never made...the blacksheep car of audi.
HATEMENOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
1sicws6
JDM bum

1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold1sicws6 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to 1sicws6
I'd rock it for that much.
1sicws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
Rogue Vette
Compensating Mod

Rogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Rogue Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by HATEMENOW View Post
its audi's car they wish they never made...the blacksheep car of audi.
Your high. That would be the Audi 80. Not the Flagship 70k V8 Quattro, that paved the way for the real A8.
Rogue Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Vette View Post
Your high.
thats very very very possible
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
thats very very very possible

Maybe.. but i once agin Good luck.....if you have any questions about parts..366-3001 8-5 m-f........

chad your a animal...
HATEMENOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #12
notbob
CSS regular

I'm at work during those hours. Most immediate thing I need is replacement heat elemet for drivers seat ;). Wonder if there's any heated steering wheel I could retrofit?

What's cost of o2 sensor or should I use generic and splice it in?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
notbob
CSS regular

Just read the city is cutting salt for the roads this year will be loving quattro then :)
Old 12-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #14
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
Hey you have an Audi. You're one step closer to being a bad ass.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #15
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
dude we are all badass. you forgot pimp too!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
notbob
CSS regular

LOL what was the badass comment about?

Sorry I love my Audi but it's far from the flagship of the fleet ;)
Old 12-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to S14Daver
Yeah and biturbo's wagon is just the end all be all of audis ;) Like others have said, Id rock it for that price.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #18
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Daver View Post
Yeah and biturbo's wagon is just the end all be all of audis ;) Like others have said, Id rock it for that price.
I know where you sleep bitch!

my car is far from that, but it is fun to ride in. Especially in 2 feet of water with the butt warmers on.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #19
notbob
CSS regular

so my torque converter is slipping f'in horrible... at least i think that's whats doing it

how much of a pain is it to replace?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #20
altima3.5se
shift_DEAD

altima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to altima3.5se
im gonna guess its gonna pain your pocket book more than it will be hard to replace
altima3.5se is offline   Reply With Quote