Brake Caliper BolT? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Domestic Tech

Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
dsm93gs 2 b swapped
Slow n' low

dsm93gs 2 b swapped is infamous around these partsdsm93gs 2 b swapped is infamous around these partsdsm93gs 2 b swapped is infamous around these parts
Brake Caliper BolT?
I know what I am doing with my car. The stuff is monkey with a wrench. At the same time though I have no idea what I am doing because this is the first car I have worked on.

WELLL. I have a 1994 Camaro. I upgraded to 98-02 brakes, and as an idiot i used anti seize on the caliper bolts.

Well one vibrated loose now i am missing a bolt. Where can I find this bolt? Where is the best place to get this bolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
IMO you cant have a samich without bread.

if you said "bitch make me a samich!", and then recieved turkey and cheese on a plate someone would get a black eye, right?
dsm93gs 2 b swapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
I'm assuming english isn't your first, second, or third language? I would try (if I comprehend your "sentences") at the dealer or a junk yard. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find.
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
RMXmitch

RMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura about
anti-sieze causes bolts to vibrate loose?

...interesting
RMXmitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
badcoupe

badcoupe is on a distinguished roadbadcoupe is on a distinguished road
sometimes you can get them in the help! section at any autoparts store
badcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
sometimes you can get them in the help! section at any autoparts store
This. I have to admit I just torque those bolts on. Don't really need to overthink a brake job.
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
x3 any napa or koi etc will have them in stock for a GM/Ford/Dodge.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand National Propain View Post
x3 any napa or koi etc will have them in stock for a GM/Ford/Dodge.
x4 You could also join a local f-body board, get to know a few peeps, and ask if anyone has any laying around........

1986 Trans Am - just for cruising and having fun
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Meeners
Angry African

Meeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Meeners
Take the bolt out of the caliper and bring it to lowes... match the thread and find the right length = Done... cost you like 1 buck or so. If you are worried get the auto grade... It's okay to use anti seize... just tighten the bolts to the correct torque spec next time.

Shift_Yo Paradigm Ma Fahka.
Meeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
dsm93gs 2 b swapped
Slow n' low

dsm93gs 2 b swapped is infamous around these partsdsm93gs 2 b swapped is infamous around these partsdsm93gs 2 b swapped is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the information!
dsm93gs 2 b swapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
Take the bolt out of the caliper and bring it to lowes... match the thread and find the right length = Done...
I would not use any bolts from Lowe's on any critical piece of hardware on my car. I don't care if they are marked Grade 8 (SAE) or Grade 10.5 (metric) those bolts do not hold up and are not tested per batch for strength.

Thats just my $0.02
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote