Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
seanm
css

seanm is on a distinguished road
help on a bov question
the car is a 2012 mazdaspeed3. I am not as educated on turbo cars, especially new ones. The car is all stock and I like the sound of the bov. I have been looking and trying to learn but I see ones that are over 300 dollars and some that are 50 bucks. Whats the difference, how hard are the to install, and why would I want the more expensive one over the less expensive one.

Last edited by seanm; 03-29-2012 at 09:55 AM..
seanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
bkvette98
It broked...

bkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to bkvette98
For more street cred. I recommend the turkey call BOV.
bkvette98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
seanm
css

Lol. They are funny. This is just a fun dd.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Turkey call ftw.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Eat shit ricer
Seriously ricer, eat shit.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
I foresee another blown up ms3 on the retard forums lol
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
seanm
css

No. I'm old enough to know better than drive it like something its not. So no one
Knows the answerto my question then?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanm View Post
No. I'm old enough to know better than drive it like something its not. So no one
Knows the answerto my question then?
Yeah, we all know the answer. But nobody feels like explaining a big bunch of ricer bullshit to you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ricer+bov

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
if you just buy a short ram intake the bov and turbo will be WAY louder. i have a mazdaspeed 6 with a intake if you want to hear it sometime.

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
More expensive usually means higher quality. back in the day when i riced, i had a Turbo XS valve. Worked well. But then i grew up and realized they are the ghey.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
if you just buy a short ram intake the bov and turbo will be WAY louder. i have a mazdaspeed 6 with a intake if you want to hear it sometime.
On yours its a diverter valve if its stock. And yes they are lot louder with the intake on it.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
seanm
css

Got it. Thank you. And no, I'm not a ricer. This is a fun dd. I have a built calypso fox that is my toy. This was just a nice dd. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
On yours its a diverter valve if its stock. And yes they are lot louder with the intake on it.
technically its a by pass valve.....but yeah. intake will make the car sound nice
Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

technically, they are the same thing with different names. just put air back into system before turbo.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
R/T
Violent Accelerator

R/T will become famous soon enoughR/T will become famous soon enoughR/T will become famous soon enough
Basically, a BOV makes a turbo fart.
1989 LeBaron GTS Turbo II/555 5speed < 1 of 268
1991 Shadow ES 2.5 Turbo 5 speed Convert
1987 LeBaron 2.2 Turbo 5 speed Coupe
GS1428 Car Tire Bike 8.85 @ 145
Yamahammer RZ350 Drag 11.45 @ 112
Honduh Hawk GT Roadracer

Serious Wood II....
R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
seanm
css

Lol. Soo all I care about is hearing the turbo and bov. Yes its stupid but I'm 39 and always wanted a nice turbo dd. If I get the short ram intake I will hear both a little better? One day I will grow up but thats not going to happen any time soon.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

If you get the intake, the diverter/bypass valve is like ten times louder. Buddy did it on his speed 6. Sounds pretty good. Lot better than a turkey call BOV
Old 03-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #18
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
If they made a blow up valve that made actual fart noises I would totally get one.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanm View Post
Lol. Soo all I care about is hearing the turbo and bov. Yes its stupid but I'm 39 and always wanted a nice turbo dd. If I get the short ram intake I will hear both a little better? One day I will grow up but thats not going to happen any time soon.
yes the intake will make the turbo and the by pass valve way louder. you can check out mine on my speed 6 if you want. just pm me
Old 03-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
seanm
css

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
yes the intake will make the turbo and the by pass valve way louder. you can check out mine on my speed 6 if you want. just pm me
FOr sure. Pm me and I can meet you some time.