Street tuning with an SAFC - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Dyno / Tuning

Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

SPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the rough
Street tuning with an SAFC
So I am looking to put an FMIC, slightly larger injectors, and an SAFC on my car. I have never tuned a car on my own and Im slightly nervous about it.

Does anyone have experience with SAFC's, or tuning in general that could help me out? If you know of someone or wouldn't mind helping out please PM me.

Im not ready to do anything just yet, Im just trying to get in contact with someone and set some stuff up.

FYI, Ill just be street tuning for now. And if need be, I just need the tune to be good enough to last a week or two of Driving to and from work before I can have it Dyno tuned at IPS.

any help is appreciated! Yes, I am aware Standalone is better, but IMO my setup does not dictate something that expensive or advanced (Plus Im a brokedick college student)
@ 14 psi: 12.9 @ 109 New clutch & 14 psi: 12.74 @ 113
SPDDMNVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
See if Dave or someone will street tune it??
2006 Civic SI (reliable and awesome)
2003 Honda CRV
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

SPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the rough
Who is Dave?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
if it's only a couple weeks. don't even fuck with putting the new parts on. tuning an SAFC is cake, but IMO not worth it if you'll be getting an actual quality tune shortly.
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

well I wanted to get a base tune done on my own So I can drive it to IPS and dont have to mess with a trailer or any of that.

IPS will be tuning used the SAFC also. It will just be on a dyno.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt21 View Post
See if Dave or someone will street tune it??
doubt he'd touch a SAFC.....

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
install the FMIC, install the SAFC(don't make any adjustments to it at all). drive up there a couple hours early and switch out the injectors yourself in the parking lot, and let them do the tuning from there. it's that simple.
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

yeah I could do that. But like you said, Tuning an SAFC is simple. Im sure I could figure it out. I basically just looking for some guidance, even if I am going to have a quality tune done eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
doubt he'd touch a SAFC.....
I hear this from alot of people. What the big deal? I mean if I could chip my ECU or have some sort of cheap full standalone I would do it.

AEM is like $1600 dollars, plus a $700 TUNE. My setup is not complicated enough to dictate this.

Hell even Greddy Emanage is $500(Ultimate is $600) plus a $400 tune. Again, 1000 dollars for stepping up only 100cc's in overall injector size.

I already have a SAFC in my hand and full price for a tune from IPS is $250, mine will prolly be less than that because I just want a conservative tune with one map. Its very simple.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
The way SAFC/VAFC fucks with other shit is like a huge band-aid.

PM Blundar (Dave Blundell) on here.

At some point you WILL make that tuning step, it is a big $$$ step but tuning will be easy after that.
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #10
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I'm gonna need to bust your ass before you do all those mods lol...

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Don't do it Mike!! damn sandbagger....

One of the first things I did in my car was sell my SAFC II. There are plenty of people that run that way, but I wouldn't pay someone to tune an SAFC.
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
The way SAFC/VAFC fucks with other shit is like a huge band-aid.
^^^this.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #13
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
^^^this.
I don't even know if I'd call it a band-aide. Its more like a piece of scotch tape covered in dirt and STDs when you really need a doctor and stitches. It halfway works, but will cause plenty of other issues. Sure it stops the bleeding, but its by no means a proper solution.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
EvoVIIIFL
Built 2.0 + 37R..V8 what

EvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enoughEvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enoughEvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enoughEvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to EvoVIIIFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
I don't even know if I'd call it a band-aide. Its more like a piece of scotch tape covered in dirt and STDs when you really need a doctor and stitches. It halfway works, but will cause plenty of other issues. Sure it stops the bleeding, but its by no means a proper solution.
^this

SAFC is cheap.. but you get what you pay for.. not even a HALF ASS way of tuning

1 turbo, 2 liters, 3 diamonds, 4 doors
Turbo lag... my way of giving you a head start!
EvoVIIIFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

Ok, So who wants to loan me a grand so I can get a standalone and "Do it right".

I am aware that eventually I will take the next step, but I have like 5 mods. Its not worth the money in my eyes and the car will run just fine with it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I'm gonna need to bust your ass before you do all those mods lol...
Someone needs too....

Leetfade obviously wasn't up to the task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetfade View Post
Don't do it Mike!! damn sandbagger....

One of the first things I did in my car was sell my SAFC II. There are plenty of people that run that way, but I wouldn't pay someone to tune an SAFC.
Sandbag? I was very up front with my mods and what my car has run at the track. No lies/sandbagging here. You must still be drunk from your Birthday....

Last edited by SPDDMNVR4; 05-31-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
EvoVIIIFL
Built 2.0 + 37R..V8 what

EvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enoughEvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enoughEvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enoughEvoVIIIFL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDDMNVR4 View Post
Ok, So who wants to loan me a grand so I can get a standalone and "Do it right".

I am aware that eventually I will take the next step, but I have like 5 mods. Its not worth the money in my eyes and the car will run just fine with it like that.

Someone needs too....

Leetfade obviously wasn't up to the task.

Sandbag? I was very up front with my mods and what my car has run at the track. No lies/sandbagging here. You must still be drunk from your Birthday....
Sorry if you had asked last week I might have.. just spent the grand on rebuilt triple clutch
Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #17
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

Lol darn my bad timing
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
EvoVIIIFL
Built 2.0 + 37R..V8 what

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDDMNVR4 View Post
Lol darn my bad timing

and you don't even WANT to know what I just spent on this thing

goddamn short block
Old 05-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Why waste the money for a small bump in power? Isn't your clutch about to take a shit on you? I would save up fix the clutch and do it right with the proper parts.

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

Because all I want is a small bump in power. My clutch is warrantied and only slips on hard launches anyway. My goal for the car was 400whp. If I hit that, I'm done. I shouldn't be far off anyway after this bump in power.