B5 S4 1 beep when braking - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Audi/VW

Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Do you have to manually reset that? Could the sensor/sensor wires (im not sure of the setup) be damaged and reporting falsely?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to S14Daver
Not sure how I could check that the sensors on my new pads are at fault, but then again they just seem to be 2 wires that make contact with the rotor when low. The only scanner I have is an OBD2 engine code scanner, and there wasn't a brake related code showing up on that. I did pull the battery afterward to try and reset things, but that clearly didn't help.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #23
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
dang man haha. you scanned it with vagcom?
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #24
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Trying to get a hold of a friend that has it, pretty much my only option now. Can't fix it if I don't know what's wrong.
S14Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

I think my buddy in clifton may have one. I can ask him if you need
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #26
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Go on audizine.com
Look in Midwest cincy thread for a guy named mydwgn.
He is in Florence and will scan it.

Pads will not make a beep when low. They should only set off the light on display.
mine were low and just had warning light. No beeping
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

HATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HATEMENOW Send a message via Yahoo to HATEMENOW
the beep is just a cluster warning signal. Not sure if you already checked the 4 way flasher switch in the dash?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Dean, is there a way to shut off that warning by vag com?
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #29
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Have you replaced any of the tail light bulbs? Euro's don't seem to like copper base bulbs. Best to use the silver nickel base, Idk what it is with the bulb indicator systems on these turds but copper will set off crazy shit.

Replace with known good non-Audi made vehicle.
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
S14Daver
CSS adict

Haven't changed a bulb in it the past year I've owned it, so they are the same as before it started doing this. I have not checked a flasher switch in the dash, elaborate a bit? Does it tie into braking/brake lights?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #31
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

HATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the rough
Im goin to stick with the hazard switch in the dash. you did not mod your rear fogs to work on both tail lights did you?

yes it ties in to the brake lights and turn signals. they are know to flake out all the time.

8D0-941-509-H-01C
Call Kawika @ the audi connection and tell him dean said to call, he will help you out on price. List is 63.00 should be around 36 your cost. Dont talk to dave or jeff!!

Last edited by HATEMENOW; 09-18-2012 at 07:01 PM..
HATEMENOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #32
S14Daver
CSS adict

I sent a PM on AZ to the guy biturbo suggested. I'll just wait and get it scanned and go from there. I appreciate all the brain storming though. I'll definitely hit your dude up if I need that part.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #33
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

Steve is a great guy. good luck man.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
Fishey
CSS regular

Fishey is on a distinguished roadFishey is on a distinguished road
Low coolant.. Braking causing it to throw a low coolant light? Seriously though.. Its an Audi B5 and a S4 on top of that. You only have constant repairs and a lighter wallet in your future.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #35
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

Yes for sure it's a pos,ill fly in and give you 3500 for it... :)