Opinions on this Skyline - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Nissan Discussions

Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
raheds
CSS newbie

raheds is on a distinguished road
Opinions on this Skyline
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_741wt_1008

just wondering what everyone thought? If its titled and insured ... could be a great deal

1995 Toyota Supra TT
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Trails Team Edition (Daily)
2007 Toyota Hybrid Highlander (Wife's)
www.whodeyrevolution.com
www.supraforums.com
raheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
If it is going for really cheap, there is a reason. If it has been posted on ebay multiple times and hasnt sold, there is a reason.

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
raheds
CSS newbie

I totally agree. Now there are 3 on Ebay roughly the same price all 33's. I am going to pass on them. I am thinking that if it is State leagal it still might not be federally legal. I don't know. I need to read up on the issue. lol

Thanks !

Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
Probably registered as a 240, and the seller mentions that after the fact. I've run into that before.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
Damn it I thought you were talking about the restaurant
grandmaGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Funkmaster
Uncle Ben

Funkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Funkmaster
I heard once that any Nissan Skyline R32 or R33 not sold by Motorex could be subject to being seized and crushed. I think they were the only ones that did the necessary modifications and crash testing for them to be DOT approved. From what I understand no R34 is really road legal here in the US.

1985 Mugen CRX Si Replica.
Funkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
raheds
CSS newbie

I have heard that , about motorex. Well, according to DoT and Safety R33's between 1996 and June 1 of 1998 R33's can still be LEGALLY imported into the us. All safety work must be done by a registared RI on the approved list. You have a set time to complete all the work and release the car for inspection. So, Technicallly you can still legally Import R33's.

From the Federal Government agency said that, Yes, ONLY Motorex was importing cars R32-34's but not the only ones. If you did, you had to pay Motorex for the "FEE" of being able to import the car since they did all the crash testing. Now... The R32 and R33's were crash tested and all paperwork was filed correctly and is a done deal. This is why the R33's are STILL able to be imported. Now the R34's documents were all faked by motorex to get the cleared from importation. Two years went by until the US realized all the documents were false on the R34 so they took it off the available import list. For 2 years R34's got in legally so they were able to stay. I tried to contact about 15 RI's on the Depart of Highway Safety to see if they still do the saftey upgrades to R33's for import but I was unable to reach any of the 15 oddly enough. Now... the "loop hole". According to DoT ANY car that is 25yrs old is cleared off the import list and is available to be brought in the country. The reasononing is that any car 25 years old won't adhere to the current saftey specs anyway. So the countdown on the Skylines are evergrowing.

Time Table

R32 1989 - 1994 Available in 2014 - 2019
R33 1993 - 1998 Available in 2018 - 2023
R34 1998 - 2002 Available in 2023 - 2027

Not bad... I would think a HUGE influx of Skylines will hit the US in 2020! Anyone want to start a Import Car biz in 8 years???
Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Looks legit. I would buy it.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
slapstick
The Galvinizer

slapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to slapstick
Quote:
Anyone want to start a Import Car biz in 8 years???
I'm down like Charlie brown.
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Great, so my future child will be rolling around in city streets amidst a bunch of retardo ricerboys in their twin-turbo Skylines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

GRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GRNxS14
Try skylineownersusa.com. Lots them for sale on that forum. Most titled for the US
GRNxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote