New Shit Hauler - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #21
quadturbopower

quadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widebody View Post
If you glance at the tach needle, it shows the truck is at idle or near it (he let off the gas for the pic or its not moving) end this stupid argument. It's obvious that this vehicle will never get 30mpg, let's be real.
Maybe it is a hybrid?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #22
EPR73

EPR73 is on a distinguished roadEPR73 is on a distinguished road
I want this truck. Don't know why and have no functional use for it but I want it.
EPR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #23
ls1TA
CSS adict

ls1TA is on a distinguished roadls1TA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ls1TA
LOL. This truck will never see 30mpg, although I must admit it is far better on fuel than I would generally think. The Instant MPG always shows 0-30 and there is like a bar graph that fluctuates on the graph based on your instant mpg.

Yes, it's the 6.7. Why the 450? Mostly because of the wide track front end, amazing how much difference 6 inches makes when trying to turn around, greatly reduces the amount of room you need. Why Ford? Seems like they have made the greatest improvements in their trucks over the years, yes I'd love the tranny from the GM line, but the Ford seems to have the greatest lifespan, and when you get a truck like this you hope to make it your last. ONLY real downside is the stupid Exhaust fluid, has to be refilled far too often for my liking (actually just having it kinda makes me mad, but whatever).

No load, it gets between 16-20mpg. Pulling the dove tail it drops to around 12-13mpg. Pulling the 5er it seems to stay between 10-13. (I expect to probably see 6-8 pulling through the mountains, haven't really pulled anywhere that wasn't mostly flat thus far)

However, you'd never know you were pulling a trailer by the way the truck pulls, the 6.7 is a strong motor, hopefully it proves to be long lived as well. The built in exhaust brake is another plus IMO. Set it in 5th gear going downgrade and never have to touch the brake to keep it at 55-60mph.

Last edited by ls1TA; 07-02-2012 at 01:31 PM..
ls1TA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
Tugboat
CSS adict

Tugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1TA View Post
LOL. This truck will never see 30mpg, although I must admit it is far better on fuel than I would generally think. The Instant MPG always shows 0-30 and there is like a bar graph that fluctuates on the graph based on your instant mpg.

Yes, it's the 6.7. Why the 450? Mostly because of the wide track front end, amazing how much difference 6 inches makes when trying to turn around, greatly reduces the amount of room you need. Why Ford? Seems like they have made the greatest improvements in their trucks over the years, yes I'd love the tranny from the GM line, but the Ford seems to have the greatest lifespan, and when you get a truck like this you hope to make it your last. ONLY real downside is the stupid Exhaust fluid, has to be refilled far too often for my liking (actually just having it kinda makes me mad, but whatever).

No load, it gets between 16-20mpg. Pulling the dove tail it drops to around 12-13mpg. Pulling the 5er it seems to stay between 10-13. (I expect to probably see 6-8 pulling through the mountains, haven't really pulled anywhere that wasn't mostly flat thus far)

However, you'd never know you were pulling a trailer by the way the truck pulls, the 6.7 is a strong motor, hopefully it proves to be long lived as well. The built in exhaust brake is another plus IMO. Set it in 5th gear going downgrade and never have to touch the brake to keep it at 55-60mph.
That's what she said.
my car when its done all motor will at the slowest run a mid 10 i'll put my title on that. i'm not building a stock motor or a street legal car. i'm building a real 4 cyl not like most of the kids that think when you throw a gsr or a single in a car with some headers and a chipped ecu it's fast.

Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #25
SmokinSrt
2,000 posts club

SmokinSrt can only hope to improve
I have always been a Ford guy and give my Chevy buddies shit just to be doing it, but the 6.7 is a beast. A few weeks ago we were heading south on 71 and we passed a new 450 pulling a gooseneck with a semi tractor on it like it was nothing. Might not be the heaviest load but I've never seen a pickup pulling a damn semi before looked like an elephant riding an ant.
SmokinSrt is offline   Reply With Quote