Know lifted trucks/jeeps? I have a few questions - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #21
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinSrt View Post
Look into Iron Rock.
I checked them out and I guess the majority of their parts in their kits are Rough Country parts (at least thats what most say on the forums). Thanks for the heads up though!

Another question for anyone:

How does wheel backspacing fit into the equation? I picked out a wheel one with 3.75bs, and another with 4bs. Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face

Last edited by cincySVT; 06-12-2012 at 07:47 PM..
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Wolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura about
I've owned 18 jeeps. I used to buy broke wranglers in college, fix them, lift them and sell them for 4x the price of what I bought it for.

Shoot me any questions and I'll break down all the options for your XJ (Cherokee) from the cheap to the baller expensive LA lifts.
Wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
I've owned 18 jeeps. I used to buy broke wranglers in college, fix them, lift them and sell them for 4x the price of what I bought it for.

Shoot me any questions and I'll break down all the options for your XJ (Cherokee) from the cheap to the baller expensive LA lifts.
Very cool. Ill probably be buying parts next month. Ill def drop you a line.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #24
DOHC WHAT
KLR1CAM

DOHC WHAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I checked them out and I guess the majority of their parts in their kits are Rough Country parts (at least thats what most say on the forums). Thanks for the heads up though!

Another question for anyone:

How does wheel backspacing fit into the equation? I picked out a wheel one with 3.75bs, and another with 4bs. Ideas

I run iron rock's long arm kit and love it, excellent quality. The only thing that is rough country are the shocks that came with it. As for backspacing I would go with 3.75.

www.IronRockOffroad.com
DOHC WHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #25
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC WHAT View Post
I run iron rock's long arm kit and love it, excellent quality. The only thing that is rough country are the shocks that came with it. As for backspacing I would go with 3.75.
Cool. I looked on the site. Looks like their 3" is aal. From what I heard there can be issues with sagging, thats why I was looking at this:http://www.rustysoffroad.com/wheels-...-pack-kit.html
since it had full leaf packs plus everything else. Is there any issue with RC stuff? And thanks for the tip on the bs, Ill take your advice on that since I have no clue on bs
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #26
DOHC WHAT
KLR1CAM

DOHC WHAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cool. I looked on the site. Looks like their 3" is aal. From what I heard there can be issues with sagging, thats why I was looking at this:http://www.rustysoffroad.com/wheels-...-pack-kit.html
since it had full leaf packs plus everything else. Is there any issue with RC stuff? And thanks for the tip on the bs, Ill take your advice on that since I have no clue on bs
Yeah you definitely want to do full leaf packs as for RC a lot of people say on the forums it rides crappy.
DOHC WHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #27
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Wolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura about
Check out BDS, Full Traction, Rubicon Express
Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Check out BDS, Full Traction, Rubicon Express
Will check it out. Only reason I liked the package deal was I wanted to make sure I didnt leave anything out for the lift. But ride is important since Ill still be driving the jeep a ton, not just trails.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #29
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Then you don't want rough county or rocky.