Scion FR-S - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
stang99gtv8
Bang Bang

stang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nice
Scion FR-S

Thoughts? Opinions?

I kinda feel like it's about 2-3 years too late, shame they didn't make it a turbo and pump the HP up 50-75. Too many other options around the same price range with more power and better looking interiors.

R.I.P. Hot Rod - Ahmed - Colt45
stang99gtv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
stang99gtv8
Bang Bang

stang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nice
Oops, didn't see the post in the car specific. Can delete this one.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
25-27k new and better options? like what?

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Not a bad car if you are a chick
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Not a fan, especially when it comes down to the motor.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
i really like the car alot. and if you dont like the power buy a wrx turbo setup and a tune......imo this is on of the first real drivers cars to come out with a base price of 25k in a long time with the exception of the miata
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
stang99gtv8
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
25-27k new and better options? like what?
2012 Mustang V6 305 HP

2012 Camaro V6 323HP

2013 Genesis coupe 2.0T 274 HP

2012 Charger V6 305HP

2012 Subaru WRX 265HP

I'm sure there are more, but I didn't feel like looking up all of the total ones available.

To pay 25k for a new 4 banger "sports" car with no turbo available is just silly to me with so many better options available. Hyundai raised their HP from 200 ish to 274 in their 2.0T genesis for this same reason.

Toyota just doesn't feel like building real sports performance cars anymore it seems.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Cauvin
Rotorless

Cauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Cauvin
I'll definitely get one down a couple of years, once the hype kind of dies down for them.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...-genesis-coupe

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/vi...-genesis-coupe

Last edited by Cauvin; 05-30-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Cauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet

Went to test drive one, but it literally just rolled off the truck. I am planning on a test drive this week. I'm more or less just curious, but I love the styling.. and with a turbo kit it would be a fun ass car with around 300-400whp. I can't see myself abandoning the aspirations of a Corvette for this, but still curiousity prevails and I'm going to at least check it out.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
Cauvin
Rotorless

Cauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Cauvin
Where was this at?
Cauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
I am pretty sure someone bought it already.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
For that kind of coin I much rather go out and get a Genesis, 370z, c5z, or c6. I just can't get excited about a car with an n\a scoobaru motor. If I'm paying for a new car, I'm not the kind of person to go out and blow the warranty after 2 weeks, as my 'vette clearly shows.
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauvin View Post
Where was this at?
Beechmont Toyota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampypants View Post
I am pretty sure someone bought it already.
I'm pretty sure they didn't. The dealership is planning on hanging onto this one as a demo car to keep on the lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
For that kind of coin I much rather go out and get a Genesis, 370z, c5z, or c6. I just can't get excited about a car with an n\a scoobaru motor. If I'm paying for a new car, I'm not the kind of person to go out and blow the warranty after 2 weeks, as my 'vette clearly shows.
I don't disagree.. we all know how bad I want a Vette, I don't see this car changing my mind. But, out of curiousity sake I at least want to test drive it. It would take an act of God to get me to make the move, and we all know God's chariots of choice...

Last edited by bigwoofersnet; 05-30-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
My question is: Why are they still putting in radios that look like a fucking delco out of a 88 celebrity? My refrigerator has a touchscreen, but the newest car from the biggest car company in the world doesn't? Especially considering it's a gimmicky car to begin with. No one wants to dick with a joystick while driving down the road. I don't get it. Toyota needs to spend the extra $25, raise the price of the car $300, and profit.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Went and test drove it... And even the slightest idea I might buy it vanished when I LAID ONTO THE GAS PEDAL AND NOTHING HAPPENED. I understand it has 200hp, but it's been awhile since I've been in a car with that little... I mean, my Mazda feels like a race car in comparison. I love the styling, it handled awesome, and the brakes were great, interior wasn't bad.. definitely felt sporty with everything right there kind of wrapped around you... but it's just not enough. But the good news is, they took possession of a C6Z today......... Fate whispering in my ear maybe?!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
I personally like the radio. I'm not in to that flashy braggart nigger shit (copyright, colt).
Old 05-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdw on th sun View Post
My question is: Why are they still putting in radios that look like a fucking delco out of a 88 celebrity? My refrigerator has a touchscreen, but the newest car from the biggest car company in the world doesn't?
They could, but this is meant to be a 'cheap' entry level car... you add amenities, the price goes up, and it gets beat the fuck up by competition....

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
How the hell do you even compare the new Scion to a new 370Z, or C6? They're not even remotely in the same price point.
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Maybe used?
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
bought a black one yesterday. The car does not have the oomph of other cars, but there are plenty of other reasons to buy this car. I will probably be at test n tune tonight. This car does need some power though.

The car handles just as well as the cayman I drove for a couple weeks, if not better. I wanted a car that was more or less not a boat, as my stang was, that I would still have the aftermarket backing in the future. This car is probably not for 99% of the people on here, because it's not a straight line queen, but if I could DD this and have a vette as a toy in the future, they would both probably complement themselves well
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote