SRdayton.com - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 11-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #21
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBaustert View Post
i agree... i'd like new administration to take it over at the very least. how do you make a profit off the site?
Well with a forum it's all, hit based. So you figure the say 1,000 people that go to the site a day.They go 2 times a day. 2,000 hits a day, times 30 is 60,000 a month. Some places, pay for ad space. Like Google or random shit on the internet.

They pay like x amount per month or x amount per sale. Thats how.Some forums can charge for other shit. " Elite Membership ", shirts, calendars and sponsor fees. Like how John @ ForcedFab paid for the membership to be a sponsor and was supposed to have an ad up in the site.

I'm a sponsor on a Skyline site I go to. I pay 5 a month for my fees, I get a little subforum for my shit, that I'm the moderator of. I get an ad in rotation on the site. It's not actually bad.

That all adds up. Then you figure that you only pay like (for a site like SRdayton) say 50 a month in hosting. You can make that easily.

It's not hard. A buddy of mine does it. He starts up the forums for people for like 500 bucks or so.

I've always thought about buying SRDayton and just straight banning some people, and un banning others.

Really get that site turned around. It's actually kinda sad that if he spent some time in the site and a little money here and there it would be a great site.

If I was in the Dayton area I could easily see having BBQ's, track days and shit. Using some of the money made from the site as a way to pay, plus members making donations to help for the things.

A forum like LS1Tech probably makes enough for the owner to live off of.
Honda-Tech is probably the same way.

Big websites like that can make someone enough money to profit off of. Whereas, a small site like SRD can make enough money to have a BBQ or 2 a summer for those who can come.

She's back.

Last edited by Joey; 11-25-2009 at 02:04 AM..
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #22
DavidBaustert
Banned

DavidBaustert is on a distinguished roadDavidBaustert is on a distinguished road
That'd be something cool to take on. I wish I had the capital resources to take on something like that.
DavidBaustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #23
super70dsm
cunfuzd....

super70dsm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to super70dsm
FUCK i clicked the link!!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #24
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBaustert View Post
That'd be something cool to take on. I wish I had the capital resources to take on something like that.
I'm going to try to get ahold of him somehow to see if I can. I'll talk to him about price and such.

I'm familiar with forums and such I could easily do it. I help my buddy out on several sites because my connection is alot faster than his.
He's deployed in Iraq and he emails me with what to do I do it. We split the profits.

It's not really hard, just requires some input every once in a blue moon. Something he doesn't do. I don't think Josh runs the site either. I know he's an Admin but he might not be full admin like Louis is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super70dsm View Post
FUCK i clicked the link!!
LOL!!! I did that because I SEVERELY hate the Shelby kid.

Shit whenever I come back to the states, I'm going to get the extra insurance on my rental, race him in a rental car and the crash into him.

Hell, why not find his house and then just crash into the garage where I'm sure his Dad's car is and his car too.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:33 AM   #25
Sleeper91TSi
Captain Slow

Sleeper91TSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Sleeper91TSi
Ill pay for your insurance Joey,get something big like a cargo van so you can go run into his daddys river raft too.Im sure 03SVT will pay for the rental itself,lol.

98 GST..Way too much shit to remember
03 CL Type S 6 speed....Exhaust,Headers,Intake
04 Grand Cherokee 4.7...Bolt ons and plug ins
92 Prelude SI....H22A VTAK,Koni Yellowtops
80 KZ1000 MK2...Kerker pipe,random shit
Sleeper91TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #26
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper91TSi View Post
Ill pay for your insurance Joey,get something big like a cargo van so you can go run into his daddys river raft too.Im sure 03SVT will pay for the rental itself,lol.
Fuck it, just get some heap of shit old school van or Caddy.

Steal some plates and run it into their shit. That way it's alot harder to come back on me!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #27
Bimmer
Sobriety FTW

Bimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer
Everybody needs to shut the fuck up and kill them selves.

We quite literally do not give 1 flying fuck about that site.
Stop wasting our bandwith and storage by making these posts.

SRDayton is a joke, it's full of uneducated nobodies who never passed 9th grade.
Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #28
DavidBaustert
Banned

DavidBaustert is on a distinguished roadDavidBaustert is on a distinguished road
Suck a dudes dick.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #29
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Ls1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
Everybody needs to shut the fuck up and kill them selves.
We quite literally do not give 1 flying fuck about that site.
Stop wasting our bandwith and storage by making these posts.

SRDayton is a joke, it's full of uneducated nobodies who never passed 9th grade.
Maybe you should take this advice too
Ls1Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #30
Bimmer
Sobriety FTW

Bimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura about
Maybe you get the fuck off the boards... and all your cock sucking faggot ass trailer dwelling welfare recipient bitch cronies as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #31
DavidBaustert
Banned

Maybe you should suck a dudes dick? Why don't you come find the Dayton crew and run your mouth like that... I bet you wont.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
Sleeper91TSi
Captain Slow

Sleeper91TSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Sleeper91TSi
He probably already is sucking a dudes dick with that mouth of his.
Sleeper91TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #33
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
CSS holds the edge in the lolz department, there is some serious comedic talent on this site, but I still find SRD highly entertaining. The level of the tardicity is probably equal on both sites. And before anyone argues that: Kemp. Mirage.

xtremeoutlawseries.com
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #34
Basil
c'mon son

Basil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud ofBasil has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Basil
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
CSS holds the edge in the lolz department, there is some serious comedic talent on this site, but I still find SRD highly entertaining. The level of the tardicity is probably equal on both sites. And before anyone argues that: Kemp. Mirage.
Yeah but you guys definitely win in the following categories:
Trailer trash
Redneckness
Brokedickness
Living in a terrible, terrible city (it's still a city, right?)
Engrish, speellieng, gramer

Actually, SRD reminds me a lot of the SP episode where the future people are taking everyone's jobs. I hear the "they took arrr jeerrbbsss!!" voice whenever I read posts from you Dayton hillbillys.
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #35
Bimmer
Sobriety FTW

No shit lol. The best reply they could come up with was "Suck a dick.." lol....

I'll run my mouth straight to your bitch faces should you be ever able to afford the fuel cost to make it our fine city.

And seriously, for my entertainment purposes, please come up with much more talented reply so that I have something to work with, instead of...suck a dick.

And yea Basil - I can pick out a piece of Dayton scum in about the first 3 words of their ill-formatted posts.

I mean look at fucking idiot 91Tsi's avatar...it's in fucking 256 colors and pixelated so bad you can't even tell what it is. Just another example of dumb hillbillies trying use that there campoter.

You Dayton fucks are owned.

Last edited by Bimmer; 11-25-2009 at 02:16 PM..
Old 11-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #36
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
Harry Potter infects both sites.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #37
Bimmer
Sobriety FTW

Can you please hurry up and reply, I have to start putting TV's in my truck...
Old 11-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #38
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil View Post
Yeah but you guys definitely win in the following categories:
Trailer trash

Brokedickness
That is funny, especially quoting Evil, when I bet his GARAGE is bigger than your place, and your parents house, combined....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
please come up with much more talented reply so that I have something to work with, instead of...suck a dick.

I can pick out a piece of Dayton scum in about the first 3 words of their ill-formatted posts.

Just another example of dumb hillbillies trying use that there campoter.

You Dayton fucks are owned.

Weird, because I am from dayton, and would say I "own" you bitches all the time. Pretty sure the same can be said for JDubya, and evil....

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #39
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
Just out of curiosity, how many of you Cincy members actually live in Cincinnati. I live in the suburbs of the Greater Dayton area. Would I live in Dayton, no, nor would I live in Cincinnati.

PS. Thanks for your support Juicy.
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #40
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
<3
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote