Hey guys stationed in Japan - help. - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 08-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys stationed in Japan - help.
i am in search of a now rare JDM part, and i was wondering if one of you guys could help me out. i need an oem front lip for a kouki 180sx. apparantly, like everything i wait to get, the lip is now discontinued from nissan and prices and availability went wacko.

i also wouldnt mind getting the 180sx tail light set, side skirts, and rear valance kit too.

lmk.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Mr. money bags over here...

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Heres some stuff I found on Upgarage..

It's all in yen of course...

Body Kit - http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/sto...8101004494/101

Side Skirts - http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/sto...8104001513/104

Rear Overfenders - http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/sto...8119001270/119

Side Skirts 2 - http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/sto...8127001415/127

180 Tail Lights - http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/sto...8110000838/110

More Tail Lights - http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/sto...7168005352/168

Let me know..

If you go to www.upgarage.com and scroll down a little, on the right will be a search box. The box is above a Japanese lady. Type in the Chassis code you want. like 180sx, S13, R32 or whatever and it will show all the parts they currently have tagged with that keyword.

She's back.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
oneslowgtp
GM sellout

oneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to oneslowgtp Send a message via Yahoo to oneslowgtp
If you want cheaper prices our local site here is Zeroyon.com... a lot of the guys on there are willing to ship.. just make a name on there and ask them... 180s are everywhere.... upgarage will rape you not to mention the yen rate is fucking terrible right now...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
noTe
1,000 posts club

noTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enough
How much is the average price for shipping parts from japan right now for a medium sized car part (i.e. coilovers)
noTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Shipping from someone on the base is like shipping across the US.

We technically have US addresses. The weight is what will get you but I would estimate under 50-60 bucks for a set of coilovers for shipping
Old 08-30-2009, 03:57 AM   #7
oneslowgtp
GM sellout

oneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura aboutoneslowgtp has a spectacular aura about
Yea shippin is just like shipping to a stateside address... lol one of my buddies just sold a nice suspension set up for a 98ish STi too....
oneslowgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #8
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
Damn. That's awesome on the shipping fees. I need some subaru parts. Wanna hook it up.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:31 AM   #9
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

GRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GRNxS14
Phase2 still has those lips from nissan. Theyre 400$ though....

..........fml
GRNxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #10
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned200 View Post
Damn. That's awesome on the shipping fees. I need some subaru parts. Wanna hook it up.
I could if you wanted too.

Whats the Chassis code?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #11
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
Sg code. Forester sti side skirts and forester sti 18" wheels. Used is fine.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Ahhh, I'm guessing they don't make the Forester STI's in the states?

I do have to admit they look sexy...for a wagon.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #13
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
overnight parts from Japan??
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
05REX
CSS regular

05REX has a spectacular aura about05REX has a spectacular aura about05REX has a spectacular aura about05REX has a spectacular aura about05REX has a spectacular aura about
Just put it on my tab at harry's...
Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned200 View Post
Sg code. Forester sti side skirts and forester sti 18" wheels. Used is fine.
http://translate.google.com/translat...5160000616/160

Is that the side skirts?

I'm guessing your after the STI wheels for the forester. I don't see any of those on here.

I know a big Subaru guy and I'll ask if he knows anyone with some.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Tuned200
Small Boost.

I will check that link tomorrow. Blackberry is being too slow.

Thanks joey
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

I can post the real link to the site, it will be in Japanese but you might be able to look at the pictures.

I'm going to go down to them today. I'll ask them to check their computer for Forester STI stuff and I'll let you know.

I need to get some new shit for my car...
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #18
V8FoLife

V8FoLife is on a distinguished road
Sorry to burst your bubble but the majority of the parts you are looking for can not be shipped through the post office. They are too large. 114" total girth and a max of 70lbs. Smaller stuff and pieces can be shipped through the post office to save you money. The big stuff has to be shipped via DHL, FedEx, Kuro Neko, or some other freight company and is going to cost a bunch. It will be significantly cheaper if the person sending it to you is on mainland Japan but the sad truth is that you are likely to find better prices form a bigger shop in the states. They are getting cheaper shipping by sending entire containers.
V8FoLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #19
oneslowgtp
GM sellout

There are other ways... I can ship it military to wright patt where I have friends who work the port... it will take a little longer since it would have to go to Travis then scott then wright patt.. or I could wait for the Wright patt bird to come here... Dont try and argue with me about this because its kinda my job I work the port so I know little tricks on getting stuff to the states... Am I gonna do it no, not until I leave here and ship some engines back in my household goods...

You are correct about the limitations but if someone really wanted to it wouldnt be too hard..

Last edited by oneslowgtp; 09-01-2009 at 03:25 AM..
oneslowgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #20
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

I deal with the mail here at Yokota sometimes, and I've seen wheels get shipped back to the states.

2 separate boxes with 2 wheels in each box. Body kits can go, but you run the risk of it being broken in the mail. I've seen them sent back to the states with bubble wrap taped to it, one piece of cardboard on the front that says where it's going and it had all the other stuff on it from the post office.

Engines and big heavy shit are not going to be mailed but wheels and body kits can make it.

Side skirts are easy to mail.