One Less GT500 - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #21
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
first off they wont care. the insurance company isnt gonna investigate your accident worth a damn. ive wrecked two vehicles, my 94 camaro and recently my motorcycle. they did not give two shits how it happened. in fact my camaro was bent in half from flipping at 100mph... insurance didnt care what happened just wanted to assess it was totaled and determine its value. which is obviously wreckless and in the police report it stated 80mph, so its in writing there was neglect and they covered it not even blinking twice. my motorcycle they didnt ask what happened. they cut me a check 4 business days after being reported.

you need to give them a reason to question it. dont give them one. the guy posting his car all over the world was a bad choice on his part.

chiov,
its bullshit. i dont care what a manual reads. thats like saying the dealership will void your warranty if you have a fender bender. which the cant. and abuse is subjective. if a part is worn differently than normal just based on that they cant prove misuse. for example if its found a crankshaft is worn weird whose to say the oil pump wasnt defective to provide proper lubricant.

in fact you can put a supercharger on a car and it wont void your warranty completely... the engine will be void but the drivetrain will not. or you can just take the shit off and say "I dunno what happened." in fact a friend of mine had a kit on his diesel truck, brand new truck. his tranny kept failing. kept taingthe kit off and getting new trannies put in until finally on the fifth tranny he got it filed under lemon law and got an even newer truck (06 -> 07). 9/10 if there is a void its the customer ignorantly fessing up to abuse and thats how it gets voided. dont fess up and anything is mearly speculation after that.

ive known people who've popped engines on purpose to get a new one under warranty like is nothing. its all about not being a pussy and standing your ground. most of the time they dont care and you dont have to fight shit.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #22
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Mitsu is known for voiding warranties like CRAZY.

They're active on EvoM forums, looking for incriminating posts, to use against owners for warranty purposes. I understand what you're saying, but factually, companies will void a warranty with the quickness.

RIP - Vinny, Hotrod, Ahmed, Blacklist...
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #23
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Hotrod, Are you aware that you're making yourself and your friends sound like dochbags?

Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #24
Chiovnidca
SOHC Powered

Chiovnidca is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post

chiov,
its bullshit. i dont care what a manual reads. thats like saying the dealership will void your warranty if you have a fender bender. which the cant. and abuse is subjective. if a part is worn differently than normal just based on that they cant prove misuse. for example if its found a crankshaft is worn weird whose to say the oil pump wasnt defective to provide proper lubricant.
They sure as hell aren't going to give you a new fender.

I dont know about other manufacturers, but honda isn't stupid. They can tell if a part has been abused. Take the k20 engines: go out and misshift one into 2nd and overrev the hell out of it. Honda will take one look at the valves with the tops of the stem popped off and know exactly how it happened. They'll just say have a nice day, and you'll be stuck with a busted engine.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #25
Chiovnidca
SOHC Powered

And how about that lifetime seatbelt warranty? Oh, your dog chewed the seatbelt in half, sorry about your luck.
Chiovnidca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #26
Chiovnidca
SOHC Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Mitsu is known for voiding warranties like CRAZY.

They're active on EvoM forums, looking for incriminating posts, to use against owners for warranty purposes. I understand what you're saying, but factually, companies will void a warranty with the quickness.
I haven't heard of honda doing this. Most of the ones i've seen with a voided warranty is from cars that have been totaled and rebuilt. There was one we had that the vin history didn't give a reason.
Chiovnidca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #27
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
mike,
if theyre doing that, that bows donkey dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
Hotrod, Are you aware that you're making yourself and your friends sound like dochbags?
you'd have to elaborate beyond you simply not agreeing with me or with the aforementioned examples. I never said i condoned their audacious actions but provided them as such examples for discussion. Considering im providing useful information then no im not. if by douchebag you mean claiming a wrecked 50k car on insurance so youre not stuck paying it or being out of that kind of money. then ill gladly be a douchebag without a 50k debt or loss. if you rather be stuck with that then i wouldnt be so quick to call someone else a douchebag. really, if you wanna put a price on calling someone a name then go for it. call me a douchebag with the replaced 500GT or reimbursement and ill gladly take you out to dinner in it for taking 50k in the ass since you'd be stuck with the payments still and cant afford a value meal from mcdonalds...

over dramatized obviously... cuz i would never goto mcdonalds. food sucks. but you get my point. you dont have to be stuck with it. you can claim it but like mike iterated and what obviously this guy has done is make it public that he fucked it up at the track and is prolly screwed. but hey worth a shot in his case. if the insurance agents are as brain dead as they seem then they might be computer illiterate and will never see the youtube video or pics.
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #28
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Quote:
mike,
if theyre doing that, that bows donkey dick.

you'd have to elaborate beyond you simply not agreeing with me or with the aforementioned examples. I never said i condoned their audacious actions but provided them as such examples for discussion. Considering im providing useful information then no im not. if by douchebag you mean claiming a wrecked 50k car on insurance so youre not stuck paying it or being out of that kind of money. then ill gladly be a douchebag without a 50k debt or loss. if you rather be stuck with that then i wouldnt be so quick to call someone else a douchebag. really, if you wanna put a price on calling someone a name then go for it. call me a douchebag with the replaced 500GT or reimbursement and ill gladly take you out to dinner in it for taking 50k in the ass since you'd be stuck with the payments still and cant afford a value meal from mcdonalds...

over dramatized obviously... cuz i would never goto mcdonalds. food sucks. but you get my point. you dont have to be stuck with it. you can claim it but like mike iterated and what obviously this guy has done is make it public that he fucked it up at the track and is prolly screwed. but hey worth a shot in his case. if the insurance agents are as brain dead as they seem then they might be computer illiterate and will never see the youtube video or pics.
You are arguing with someone who works at an insurance company. Like I said, if you play your cards right you could probably get away with it, but it is still insurance fraud, and is that a gamble you want to take? All they have to do is call the company who towed your shit and find out where you got towed from. Insurance companies are not brain dead, if they were they wouldn't be making the insane amount of money they do.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #29
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiovnidca View Post
They sure as hell aren't going to give you a new one
no thats what insurance is for. but aftr the crysis is fixed they cant void your warranty. and even not fixed the cant void warranty unless the damage is direcly related. ie. if your ass end is pushed it they cant void a legitimate mechanical failure in the power train. the rear end might be voided but the engine will be covered.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #30
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
The point that I'm trying to make is if you wreck at a race track it is your fault. Its clearly not allowed with the covered by the insurance company, yet you still lie. I HATE it when people don't accept responsibility for their actions.
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #31
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
You are arguing with someone who works at an insurance company. Like I said, if you play your cards right you could probably get away with it, but it is still insurance fraud, and is that a gamble you want to take? All they have to do is call the company who towed your shit and find out where you got towed from. Insurance companies are not brain dead, if they were they wouldn't be making the insane amount of money they do.
considering id be towing my own vehicle who they gonna ask besides me. that and how would they know who towed it if there as a 3rd party involved? if i dont tell you who towed it how you gonna be the wiser? you can have the wrecked vehicle towed to your house if you want it doesnt have to goto a tow lot.

kevin,
yeah its dishonest. ill grant you that.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #32
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Quote:
considering id be towing my own vehicle who they gonna ask besides me. that and how would they know who towed it if there as a 3rd party involved? if i dont tell you who towed it how you gonna be the wiser? you can have the wrecked vehicle towed to your house if you want it doesnt have to goto a tow lot.

kevin,
yeah its dishonest. ill grant you that.
If you tow your own vehicle that's one thing, but how did you get that busted ass car onto your bed? And the minute you refuse to tell them where it came from or who towed it red flags go up everywhere. The fact that you towed the vehicle home yourself instead of letting a wrecker do it could set off flags as well. Like I said it's not impossible, but you are taking a big risk, insurance companies do not fuck around when it comes to fraud. Like I said, I work for an insurance company who caters to over 20 types of businesses, you don't do that if you just hand out checks.
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #33
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
Quote:
The point that I'm trying to make is if you wreck at a race track it is your fault. Its clearly not allowed with the covered by the insurance company, yet you still lie. I HATE it when people don't accept responsibility for their actions.
oh bull shit kevin, i dont see the deferance between so dumb bitch doing her make-up while driving, wreaking and having it covered under full coverage...
you fuck up your covered...

THATS WHY YOU HAVE INSURANCE!!!!!!!

as for the dealership thing i have worked for both toyota and nissan and both could care less they pretty much will cover whatever, like one time some girl came in with a corrolla that had 30k on it, engine had a rod had a rod hanging out of it because she never changed the oil once... and we covered it in a heart beat...

and at nissan like a month ago, we put a a motor in a spec V that was heavy modded and the owner even told us he road raced it... put a motor in no problem for free. he even said "im going to try and get 600 miles on it before the weekend so i can take it to mid-ohio" haha

as long as it is under 5 years 60k they could give 2 shits
Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #34
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by faStE-R View Post
oh bull shit kevin, i dont see the deferance between so dumb bitch doing her make-up while driving, wreaking and having it covered under full coverage...

You really don't see an increased risk in tracking your car vs. driving on public roads?The normal type of car insurance people have isn't all encompassing. It clearly says what it does and does not cover. I'm sure one such thing it does not cover is "competition." If you want insurance for the track, I'm sure you can arrange it, but it will be very expensive.

I wouldn't expct my homeowners insurance to cover my house if I burnt it down by purposely having a "small" fire in my bedroom, knowing the risks involved.
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #35
push
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faStE-R View Post

You have insurance for day to day driving, not for knowingly pushing your car to it's limits on a race track. Every insurance policy has a list of coverages, and it is spelled out to a T what is covered and any exclusions on the policy. You can rest assured that all profitable insurance companies have exclusions for racing on tracks. The average person makes 1 automotive insurance claim every 2 years. That takes into account all types of scenarios when driving on the street, from deer jumping out in front of cars, to the dumb bitch putting on makeup driving her car. However, when you throw a race track in there your risk jumps up extremely high when compared to driving on the street, that is why racing is almost always listed as an exclusion. You can get coverage on a vehicle for the race track, but be prepared to pay more for it, because you are now at a higher risk for an accident.
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #36
Nick
Free hugs

Nick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of lightNick is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I wouldn't expct my homeowners insurance to cover my house if I burnt it down by purposely having a "small" fire in my bedroom, knowing the risks involved.
I'm thinking that isn't the same thing
Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #37
Bimmer
Sobriety FTW

Bimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiem73456 View Post
i cant believe he was so quiet.. if that happened to me i would be pissed
He is in shock. Like medical fucking shock, you tell from the instant he lost it he just slammed the brakes and held on.
Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #38
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
HPDEs aren't competition, you don't have a transponder in the car.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #39
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
If you tow your own vehicle that's one thing, but how did you get that busted ass car onto your bed? And the minute you refuse to tell them where it came from or who towed it red flags go up everywhere. The fact that you towed the vehicle home yourself instead of letting a wrecker do it could set off flags as well. Like I said it's not impossible, but you are taking a big risk, insurance companies do not fuck around when it comes to fraud. Like I said, I work for an insurance company who caters to over 20 types of businesses, you don't do that if you just hand out checks.
I didn't tow my camaro. I was just using its scenario as an act of deliberate neglect.

When I wrecked my bike recently I was actually surprised they didn't ask who towed it. Though a bunch of friends and I loaded it up in a friends truck but still they usually ask for reimbursement purposes.

But Coolnick proposes an interesting point. Its not a timed event. Nor was mine when I raced my bike last month. I'll have to go read through my insurance documents. Unless it specifically says "you're not allowed on a private road course at all," I think theres you scapegoat to get around it if you're at a track that isn't sanctioned event or time trial.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #40
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
That sucks!

If I wrecked a car and insurance would not pay for it, I'd just take the hit on my credit and let the bank repo it

9.7@139.5 with the v6

Update: Turbo LSbandwagon build in process
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote