Fix it or fuck it? - Page 4 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #61
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/3096705186.html
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #62
jdredd
1,000 posts club

jdredd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
This has turned into a joint effort vehicle.

Trashing my car is decided.

My friend Sean and I are buying the car from indiana for $1000.

Since he has uber garage, tools and space, car is living there. Still gonna dink with his silver GP but we are turning this car into a total drag only car. Already got the interior "sold" ... and will be selling engine/trans drop out soon hopefully.. will make our $ back pretty quickly.

I have more parts coming in this week.. Still need LOTS more stuff to complete this out. But with two people involved, this should turn out more interesting.
jdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #63
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Glad it's working out. They pop up on my craigslist search all the time.

Hows the resale on them? I may be interested in flipping a few.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #64
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Glad it's working out. They pop up on my craigslist search all the time.

Hows the resale on them? I may be interested in flipping a few.
my sister sold her beat ass purple 97 gtp for $2k last year an I am surprised she got that much. Rockers rusting, strut towers rusted out.. but it ran.

I am sure you can get some dumb kids to pay quite a bit for a "[email protected]#[email protected]#" car ... pretty darn easy to work on, and parts still pretty easy to get. Can modify em up a bit cheaply too. I can flash ya PCM's for them if need be. Swap a pully on, new downpipe, and a can tune will wake em up.

If you have the room, time, and skill I am sure you can flip these pretty good. Dealers still want good $ for em. Saw a 2001 at dealer for ~$7000 ...

Rust on rockers/strut towers/gas door are your problem metal areas.
Transmission slip is the next thing to worry about.

97-03 not much changed at all. 97's are the bitch year due to older style pcm, and the se/gt's having 4t60e vs 4t65e 98+'s ...
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #65
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Driving out to Indiana tomorrow to get the car.

Then dropping it off to Paul Jerkatis (PRJ) 20minutes away from where its at. He is going to strip the car down, and move the fusebox and pcm into the cabin, convert it to a 98 pcm/fusebox/wiring harness. Dropping the ABS system, the smaller brake booster and non abs master cylinder. Possibly have him do a new fuel setup on it while its there too.

Will probably be a month or so out there for him to get everything done.. then once we pick up the car from him, we can move on to finally dropping my setup into it.. and blow it up.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #66
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/3105930045.html

Lol... another one showed up.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #67
jdredd
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Saw that one as well... but its purple.. :P ..

We picked up the car today... needs a little bit of body work but nothing to crazy. Can tell it had a macco paint job. But its a $1000 car. You know there is shit hidden and wrong.

Got the car running too. Just needed a new fuse for fuel injection. Injector 5 may need replaced which could be reason it blew, but pep boys quoted her a shit ton to replace coils and icm. Plugs/wires were original and super nasty.

So now the car is sitting at PRJ's not far from where we got it. Getting some shit stripped out, and moving pcm/fuse box into the cabin to free up space under the hood.