Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Import Tech

Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

96eclipse is on a distinguished road96eclipse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96eclipse
cant get carto start up and stay running
ok i got a b20vtec that ive built this past winter and i have it in the car and i am having trouble with it starting and staying running. heres the run down... b20b block b16 head gsr trans cp 11.5;1 pistons eagle rods all super tech valve train skunk 2 cams intake manifold 450cc blue top injectors. neptune base tuning software. i have a resistor box on there and on the fourth cylinder the injector is having continuous power. im gonna get another one tomorrow. i have went threw and make sure i had good connections for the grounds. any suggestions what could keep it from running?
96eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Have you checked for a blown intake gasket? I heard that is a common problem on b series motors...
Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
I would probably just start replacing everything, best way to trouble shoot imo.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

yeah ive checked that.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej1bmx View Post
Have you checked for a blown intake gasket? I heard that is a common problem on b series motors...
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
do a tune up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pistons, rods, bearings, headgasket, timing belt, that should fix it. if not, just have dre fix it.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

its a fresh motor i had it built over winter. i think its the injectors with the resistor box
Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
turbo200
2,000 posts club

turbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of lightturbo200 is a glorious beacon of light
Is this item still available?

'98 Acura Integra 4-door GSR
'96 Mazda Miata - -Sold
'97 Nissan 200sx se-r - SR20DET swapped -Sold
'98 Infiniti I30t - The grandma wagon -Gifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaniti View Post
hi kettle, this is pot... you're a nigger.
turbo200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

what/
Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
TheDatsunKid
Common Sense My Anti-Rice

TheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really niceTheDatsunKid is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to TheDatsunKid Send a message via Yahoo to TheDatsunKid
If it's 4x4 status that's your problem right there, check the struts too. Blown struts cause it to run like dog shit also.
TheDatsunKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
Get it tuned by Anthony, that will fix any problems you have
Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
sohcthunder
Asshole By Nature(ABN)

sohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to sohcthunder
You guys are ridiculous
sohcthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Allmotorcrx

Allmotorcrx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Allmotorcrx
put stock injectors in it and use a stock p28 map and see if it will run.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #14
grjp1988
Css RICER

grjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nicegrjp1988 is just really nice
I have stock itr injectors Greg and a stock ecu just call me.
grjp1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #15
MR2Don
Z OH SHIT

MR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really niceMR2Don is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MR2Don
sounds like its out of time.

Check fuel injector plugs with multi-meter, check H-T for correct wiring, may have sensor or wiring messed as well.
MR2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #16
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcthunder View Post
You guys are ridiculous
We forgot one though

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
Seriously dude. It's been said a million times. Your best bet is to not make another post on this site until your car does these outrageous things you're saying it's going to do.
ej1bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #17
blundar
jackass of all trades

blundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to blundar Send a message via AIM to blundar
I ran that ECU on my test bench for a while before I met up with you. All 4 injectors were firing cleanly, none were stuck. If you have an injector stuck open/closed you should check over your wiring for shorts and loose wires. Resistor boxes don't generally go bad but you can check them with an Ohm meter. DSM injectors don't generally go bad but they're getting old so you may want to move the injectors from one cylinder to another and see if the problem moves with the injector or stays with the wiring. That base map in that ECU is probably not all that great so I'm not surprised if it doesn't idle. Depending on how you have your cams degreed it may not idle at all. Nothing in the tune can cause an injector to stick open, however. Good luck.
Zerolift: http://www.zeroliftautolab.com 5138742508
RIP Modular Depot.
blundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
UCBeef
CSS newbie

UCBeef is on a distinguished road
Have you actually got it running and it just stalls out or just cranks? Any idea what the fuel pressure is or the condition of the filter? Verified getting spark at each cylinder?
UCBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

it stalls out, the fuel pressure has been fourty new filter. have changed out the plugs
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #20
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Did you try hitting her?

*edit

I thought this was the relationship advice section.
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote