Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Audi/VW

Old 02-13-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
r55nls2002
CSS newbie

r55nls2002 is on a distinguished road
Traction control
Stock 2000 beetle with a 1.8T manual tranny

My mothers car.... The problem is when the traction control is engaged and you lose traction the traction control light flickers and then stays on until you turn the the car off. What sensor do I need to replace, I haven't had the time to scan it it yet.

Thanks for your help CSS!

I am also currently drunk on 7 and 7's, so if my grammer and spelling is off thats why.
r55nls2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Fuck off fucker
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Well for one, congratulations on acting 17 years old and announcing to everyone that you're drunk. For two, scan the damn car, how the fuck are we supposed to know which sensor is bad?

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
is your mom hawt? post pics!

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
Walter
4cyl & fart can

Walter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of lightWalter is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
Well for one, congratulations on acting 17 years old and announcing to everyone that you're drunk. For two, scan the damn car, how the fuck are we supposed to know which sensor is bad?
He's drunk off dem dranks
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
I call bullshit. No way in hell a VW Beetle is going to break the tires loose
Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
redmike
ginger

redmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to allredmike is a name known to all
My sister had one in high school and Yes they will spin tires.

Last edited by redmike; 02-13-2011 at 03:46 PM..
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #8
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej1bmx View Post
I call bullshit. No way in hell a VW Beetle is going to break the tires loose
a chipped 1.8T beetle will beat most the ricers on here
2006 Civic SI (reliable and awesome)
2003 Honda CRV
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Bunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bunjiro
Speed sensor. You have a few so I guess just pick one.
Bunjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
You guys missed my sarcasm...
ej1bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to S14Daver
Lol @ Randy drunk posting like a douchebag. Just scan the car buddy.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
r55nls2002
CSS newbie

Yep, I did the drunk douche bag post. HAHAH!

I scanned it and it had five stored codes none of which had anything to do with the traction control.
Codes: 16478- Mass air flow signal to high
17965- turbo pressure continuous exceeds
17704- cooling system malfunction
16727- cam shaft position to high
17535- fuel trim to high

So, scanning did not help the cause. Is there a specific sensor on the transmission for the traction control system, or does the car use the abs wheel sensors to monitor wheel spin?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Wheel sensors determine the use of traction control. Is the ABS light on when you are actually pulling the codes?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #14
r55nls2002
CSS newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
Wheel sensors determine the use of traction control. Is the ABS light on when you are actually pulling the codes?
That is a big negative.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #15
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

Do the little wheel spin thingy to get the light to come on, then scan it.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by r55nls2002 View Post
Yep, I did the drunk douche bag post. HAHAH!

I scanned it and it had five stored codes none of which had anything to do with the traction control.
Codes: 16478- Mass air flow signal to high
17965- turbo pressure continuous exceeds
17704- cooling system malfunction
16727- cam shaft position to high
17535- fuel trim to high

So, scanning did not help the cause. Is there a specific sensor on the transmission for the traction control system, or does the car use the abs wheel sensors to monitor wheel spin?
No it sounds like it helped alot......you have all kinds of issues
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
r55nls2002
CSS newbie

My guess would be these codes occurred before the recent timing belt/water pump job. All of the vacuum lines and the spark plugs were replaced too.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Bunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bunjiro
Jack the car up, take the wheels off, look at the speed sensors. The wires break on VW speed sensors often, or pull them out and see if it looks like someone shit on it.
Bunjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #19
r55nls2002
CSS newbie

Crusty wheel sensor.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #20
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by r55nls2002 View Post
Crusty wheel sensor.
Doubt that is the cause... if its a wheel speed sensor bad it would have issues [B]any[B] time you drove it.

They are bad for the ABS module to have issues.

http://www.modulemaster.com/

I have successfully used this company several times with no issues. They have instructions on how to remove/pack/ship.