Anyone good at figuring out wiring for a swap and wanna make some money? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Import Tech

Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Anyone good at figuring out wiring for a swap and wanna make some money?
Before I go through with this, I'll give it one last try. Is there anyone on here that is really good with wiring and figuring out wiring for an engine swap and wants to make some money? Particularly my MR2? It's an original 1991 Turbo car with the stock body harness using a JDM Gen 3 turbo engine and engine harness. The engine is in the car already and just needs the wiring finished. I HATE wiring, not to mention have basically zero time to figure it out with the house projects and both jobs.

I don't have the wiring diagrams for the car or the engine. This is the only really decent site out there with info:

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/mr2modproject.htm

I even took a picture of every single plug that didn't plug in and that needs figured out (copied from another forum):

Over the past few days, I've been able to make some progress on the car with the help of some friends.

For some background info, I am swapping a 1991 factory turbo chassis to a Gen 3, using the Gen 3 engine harness, Gen 3 ecu and stock 91' T body harness.

I started off by pulling the body harness so I could do a wire tuck. I've now got it all routed through the quarter panel and the fuse box is now in the trunk. This is what it looks like now (I know it's the wrong ECU, I need to swap it out with a Gen 3 ECU at the shop I bought the swap from):

I will be mounting the fuel injector resistor / fuel pump relay pack and ignitor / coil in the trunk.

I began by plugging in what I could and got the rest of the taillight part of the harness plugged back in.

I'll start with the plugs on the engine harness that I don't know what they are:

Plugs #1 (gray connector on left of picture, 2 wire, black with red tracer and white with black tracer) and #2 (black connector on right, black with yellow tracer and solid red):

Different angle of the same plug #1 and #2:

Plug #3:

"Plug" #4, wires are black w/ yellow tracer and yellow w/ red tracer:

Plugs #5 (white plug with 10 wires) and #6 (gray plug with 8 wires), still on the engine harness at this point:

Different angle, can't see #5, but can see #6:

Moving onto the 91 Turbo body harness:

Plug #7, gray connector with one black and one white wire:

Plug #8, foam lined, white connector, 8 wires:

This plug is the connector past the driver side taillight plug moving forward to the front of the car. Two red wires, one with a white tracer:

Also, I ended up swapping my 93+ fuel pump relay over to my 91 injector resistor bracket, that way I was able to plug the relay into the plug coming out of the engine harness and the resistor into the body harness. Will this work ok???

One more pair of connectors that I didn't mention because I know that they connect to each other are the connector in the engine harness for the speedo sensor and the plug coming off the speedo sensor (both are 3 wire). The issue here is that I swapped my stock mechanical speedo sensor into my Gen 3 LSD trans because my cluster is the stock 91 mechanical cluster. Why would the stock speedo sensor have a plug coming off of it if it's cable driven? Should I even worry about connecting those 3 wires.

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1

Last edited by jfisher; 09-21-2011 at 06:23 PM..
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Puffin Performance AKA JRogTuning

RIP - Vinny, Hotrod, Ahmed, Blacklist...
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Puffin Performance AKA JRogTuning
Do you mind PM'ing me a number I can reach him at to ask if it's something he'd like to take on?
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
The Punisher
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of light
PM'd
Old 09-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Ty.

Ty. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Ty.
Currently the car is back at my place lol. If i get some free time to actually work on this, i'll finish it up. In the meantime, if someone else can get it done before i get the time, by all means come and pick it up :)

-Ty

Email: ty@tcsmotorsports.com
AIM: tcsmotorsports
Ty. is offline   Reply With Quote