2012 GTR 2.9 second 0-60 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Nissan Discussions

Old 12-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
2012 GTR 2.9 second 0-60
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/02/2...n-2-9-seconds/

What's it take to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just under three seconds flat? According to Nissan, it takes exactly 530 horsepower and 488 pound-feet of torque, coupled to a sophisticated electronic all-wheel-drive system and a dual-clutch transmission.

Put more simply in actual dollars and cents, that will cost you $89,950. For those unaware, that's the sum Nissan is asking for its updated 2012 GT-R, which recently made its live American debut at the 2010 LA Auto Show. The Japanese automaker has kindly provided a digital readout from an electronic measurement device from Digitek to silence the doubters (above). As you can clearly squint and see, the GT-R hit 60 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds and 100 kilometers per hour (62 mph) in exactly three seconds.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
and when i attempt this, ill void the warranty and my trans will take a shit, awesome.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #3
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaGTP View Post
and when i attempt this, ill void the warranty and my trans will take a shit, awesome.
That issue has long since been taken care of.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #4
08 Vette
1,000 posts club

08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about
My nephew has one on order, he’s selling his GTR to get the extra HP in the 2012 car. I can't wait to drive it.
08 Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
Tell him to sell me his old one
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
The whole car is badass. The interior is very nice looking too. No cheap plastic looking shit.

2006 Subaru Forester XT 5 Speed
2007 Subaru Forester STI 6 Speed
2008 Suzuki Blvd.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
08 Vette
1,000 posts club

08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Tell him to sell me his old one

I'm thinking about buying it as my Daily Driver if the price is right. I guess I'll sell my truck,Sean do you want a truck? LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
no truck for me got too many vehicles
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Larimer
CSSmakesyoudumb

Larimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Larimer
Wow, I came in here expecting to see people shitting all over it and comparing it to the ZR1. Good job, CSS. You're not regurgitating the same shit over and over.

Edit: And then I actually clicked on the article, and they add that little line at the end. Ugh.
Larimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaGTP View Post
Yea, where have you been

These were probably the most unexpected / impressive cars down at TX2K10.

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #11
TjCase85
The big guy

TjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really niceTjCase85 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to TjCase85
I have always liked these cars. Did they ever fix the weak trans in them?

2004 GSXR 600
TjCase85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larimer View Post
Wow, I came in here expecting to see people shitting all over it and comparing it to the ZR1. Good job, CSS. You're not regurgitating the same shit over and over.

Edit: And then I actually clicked on the article, and they add that little line at the end. Ugh.
i think by now everyone knows it dont compare

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
Yea, where have you been

These were probably the most unexpected / impressive cars down at TX2K10.
Well fuck haha
grandmaGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Rogue Vette
Compensating Mod

Rogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to allRogue Vette is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Rogue Vette
I'm still not crazy about the car but they do perform. Still a bit more fragile then they should be when modded, but they defy the laws of physics of power to weight. That alone is pretty cool. Very easy to drive fast on track (road course) making amateur drivers look skilled.
Rogue Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #15
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
successful thread ftw.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
shakenbake01
CSS regular

shakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura aboutshakenbake01 has a spectacular aura about
I got to drive a 2010 yesterday. I was very surprised how quick it accelerated. Traction was great even on the cold street and it cornered better than anything I've ever driven.
shakenbake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #17
Meeners
Angry African

Meeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to allMeeners is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Meeners
I just don't like the look of the new GTR. I know it performs well and is fast but I would much rather own an older manual skyline that looks better if I could own one. I like using a clutch and traditional stick... Personally that paddle shift makes seems less "one with the vehicle"...

Shift_Yo Paradigm Ma Fahka.
Meeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
I like using a clutch and traditional stick... Personally that paddle shift makes seems less "one with the vehicle"...
Agreed. I haven't driven a GTR, but Evo X's still have a half second delay from when you hit the paddle to when it actually shifts. GTR might be different, I dunno, but it's pretty annoying during a spirited drive.
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #19
08 Vette
1,000 posts club

The GTR don't have any delay when you shift. I'm not a big import guy and I really like the GTR. That car is the real deal.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
successful thread ftw.
Yeah, if you keep making threads, you are bound to have one that you don't get flammed to hell and back in.

Congrats!