Picked up a Speed3 last weekend - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mazda Discussions

Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
Picked up a Speed3 last weekend
So I spent almost two months looking for a white Civic Si Sedan, and couldn't find one. A dealership down the road posted this 2009 Mazdaspeed3 GT, I test drove it and loved it... picked it up a few days later.

Anyhow, I've spent the last few weeks researching and decided to do simple stuff first to improve on a few minor annoyances/flaws. Tonight I ordered a JBR 88mm Rear Motor Mount, JBR short shift plate kit (with heavy shift knob and solid shift bushings), and a Saikou Michi oil catch can. I probably won't do any other mods until my factory powertrain warranty runs out, although I really want to order a Corksport short ram/turbo inlet and a Cobb Accessport, but still have more research to be done regarding those. For right now, just want to keep it a reliable fun car.

Anyhow, I'll post more pics in a few days when I have more... still waiting to get a chance to edit. Here's one finished and a few cell pics.

I don't really have a wealth of knowledge of these cars... so if anyone can comment on the parts I've mentioned or can offer advice for the install, please by all means chime in

Last edited by sxShep; 04-08-2012 at 09:56 PM..
sxShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxShep View Post
so if anyone can comment on the parts I've mentioned or can offer advice for the install, please by all means chime in

inb4 lsx. sweet pick up
Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
You and Waffles can have meets at Kroger together now!
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
I like it. Congrats on the new car!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
nice pick up man! good luck.
2006 Civic SI (reliable and awesome)
2003 Honda CRV
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Fucking excellent buy, sir. Exquisite little cars. WIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
I freakin' love those cars, so much fun to drive. Congrats!
CASANOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
fallout
Lurks Mostly

fallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to fallout
My buddy had to drive 200 miles to find the 07 taffeta white si sedan he bought a couple weeks ago. Very nice pickup tho, glad you found something you like!
fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Nice pickup.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
MS3s are nice cars. Grats!

My buddy had one and I know the motor mounts made a big difference for him so good pick up there too.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
car looks nice kyle and seemed to drive and ride well. congrats. im doing ap and fuel pump soon and rear diff mounts on the speed 6

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
dre5491
I Haz Slow.

dre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nice
Ask cincysvt he had a MS6 for a while. Looks clean man, nice pick up.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #13
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Umm I wouldnt touch that car until your warranty is up lol. Mazda tried to deny my rear axle shearing because I have a cpe intake lol. The Cobb AP is awesome. So is the intake and inlet. I'm more of a CPE guy, but Cobb is a great product too. After warranty def do a balance shaft delete. There is research out there about oil starvation issues with cylinder 1 I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #14
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
I don't plan on doing much until I hit that 60k mark (or is drivetrain 70k?), but damn it's tempting... I still need to look into the warranty stuff more in-depth

Over the past couple days my front driver's suspension has been marking a knocking noise when it's under load (when coming down hill on the brakes or under a right turn)... I haven't pulled the wheel and looked around but it's been pretty cold the past few days so I figured it was just a noise under a very specific circumstance, so not too worried.

I'll look into the balance shaft delete, thanks for the advice

Last edited by sxShep; 04-11-2012 at 10:55 PM..
sxShep is offline   Reply With Quote