Mk3 supra swap... - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Toyota / Scion Discussion

Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Jhoff87

Jhoff87 is on a distinguished road
Mk3 supra swap...
Im planning to do a 2j swap into my 87 supra...i have a pretty good idea on what i will all need and im not having any problems finding them...one thing i cant find is the 89+ cross member...not having any luck there...the bellhousing from a 1j and 1j motor mounts will pry just get off of hpf...anyone got any ideas..
Jhoff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
boosted17

boosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enough
Go here. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66984
boosted17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
Jhoff87

thanks man...kinda got me second guessing the 2j swap and thinking now maybe getting the 1j front clip...as far as horsepower i know that the 2j>1j but the fact that i can get a whole front clip ready to go...you know anyone thats done it...just tying to figure it down to the amount of hours to see if its worth all the work for the 2j

Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Speed Kills
SYR

Speed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Speed Kills
MK3's are for penises.

"...I'm just not in the habit of seein' the Chevy work against a two-bit piece of junk..."

'99 Sportychop, '86 Jetta GLTD, '63 Comet, '55 Chivvy.
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
Jhoff87

comming from a guy that just bought a civic
Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Speed Kills
SYR

Speed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Speed Kills
"Real funny, FONZIE.......ass......"

Haha
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
boosted17

boosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhoff87 View Post
thanks man...kinda got me second guessing the 2j swap and thinking now maybe getting the 1j front clip...as far as horsepower i know that the 2j>1j but the fact that i can get a whole front clip ready to go...you know anyone thats done it...just tying to figure it down to the amount of hours to see if its worth all the work for the 2j

Pm Boost Lee on SupraMania. He is in Indianapolis. He will be able to help you with swapping a 1JZ or 2JZ. Good luck.
boosted17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
Delerium

Delerium is on a distinguished road
Why not go the 'built' 7mgte route? You'll save money and lay down more power than bpu 2j. If your goal is 600 to 1000hp, then yes, 2j the cocksucker.
Delerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

ItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of light
www.supraforums.com