Goodbye 350z, hello.. - Page 13 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #241
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
CincySpeed

Old 10-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #242
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
Really? Hmm, how many pulls do I get? Cuz I was gonna go with Tracey and have him do tweaking on my nitrous pulls to make sure we are good to go. Mainly b/c we increased base timing on my n/a tune. So I'll see if he's free cuz I gotta work around his schedule.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #243
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
A simple 'No.' would have been great.
Agreed. Instead, he uses roll racing examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squale iii View Post
Really? Hmm, how many pulls do I get? Cuz I was gonna go with Tracey and have him do tweaking on my nitrous pulls to make sure we are good to go. Mainly b/c we increased base timing on my n/a tune.
Probably three.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #244
Squale iii
Palshctib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
Agreed. Instead, he uses roll racing examples.

Probably three.
I've found that to be the most accurate way to estimate trap speeds...
Squale iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #245
IRONBULL
family guy

IRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to IRONBULL
Quote:
Really? Hmm, how many pulls do I get? Cuz I was gonna go with Tracey and have him do tweaking on my nitrous pulls to make sure we are good to go. Mainly b/c we increased base timing on my n/a tune. So I'll see if he's free cuz I gotta work around his schedule.
I'd just call Tracy, he was doing part time dyno tuning an bowtie work outta cincyspeed for awhile. If tracy's your tuner though I'm kinda surprised you don't more about cincyspeed and there services.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #246
Squale iii
Palshctib

^I know about Cincyspeed. He gets it pretty damn close to perfect on the street tune tho, he said about 95%. When I start making real power we'll see about the dyno tune.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #247
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Quote:
^I know about Cincyspeed. He gets it pretty damn close to perfect on the street tune tho, he said about 95%. When I start making real power we'll see about the dyno tune.
I am a proponent of street tuning. You can get the fueling dead on with street tuning. And I mean within 0.5% of your target AFR. Timing is a little tougher though. To determine if my timing changes made more or less power I compare the elapsed times from X rpm to X rpm. I try to do ti back to back so the conditions are all the same. The time will be less if you made more power.

Timing is easier on the dyno for sure. But I will say one thing; a dyno's loading only approximates the conditions you'll see on the street. I will aruge that I can get a better tune on the street than on a dyno. Plus you have the effects of airflow that you don't have on a dyno. Real world is where you drive, and there is no way to 100% simulate that.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #248
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
im still on just a street tune from tracey, he is pretty fucking good, squale is prob making around 340whp on motor and near or over 500 on spray, i was traping 111 on motor with just bolt ons and a street tune from tracey. What cam are you going with that you are going over 400 with, mine was damn close and would be over if i had a timing retard for the nitrous, so the tune could be more agressive and not worry about working for the nitrous. let me guess g5x3 bc tracey has it?

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #249
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue99fbody View Post
im still on just a street tune from tracey, he is pretty fucking good, squale is prob making around 340whp on motor and near or over 500 on spray, i was traping 111 on motor with just bolt ons and a street tune from tracey. What cam are you going with that you are going over 400 with, mine was damn close and would be over if i had a timing retard for the nitrous, so the tune could be more agressive and not worry about working for the nitrous. let me guess g5x3 bc tracey has it?
i had a street tune from tracey and i feel like it coulda def been better i took my car down to phillip smith aka bluecat in ky after my heads went on and the tuning felt worlds better better idle better part throttle less popping etc.

do a search on ls1tech for bluecat or kyhorsepower.com hes the MAN

i mad 340rwhp with cam only and traceys tune after installing some nice stock casting ported nutek/jason short heads i made 415rwhp wih a bluecat tune i think the tuning def helped out
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #250
IRONBULL
family guy

IRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
I am a proponent of street tuning. You can get the fueling dead on with street tuning. And I mean within 0.5% of your target AFR. Timing is a little tougher though. To determine if my timing changes made more or less power I compare the elapsed times from X rpm to X rpm. I try to do ti back to back so the conditions are all the same. The time will be less if you made more power.

Timing is easier on the dyno for sure. But I will say one thing; a dyno's loading only approximates the conditions you'll see on the street. I will aruge that I can get a better tune on the street than on a dyno. Plus you have the effects of airflow that you don't have on a dyno. Real world is where you drive, and there is no way to 100% simulate that.
Can't beat the old skool.
IRONBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #251
Squale iii
Palshctib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue99fbody View Post
If I beat a 330whp rx7 from a roll, I outta be making more than 340whp. I weigh 1000lbs more than he does... And with a g5x3 he said I should be making 400whp. And my timing is always great on my n/a tune...do you not have an LS1 timing tuner? When I activate nitrous it automatically pulls timing, then when I switch if off it adds it right back in. That way I don't run around on retarded timing on n/a races.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #252
IRONBULL
family guy

I admire you have no secrets..........
IRONBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #253
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
If I beat a 330whp rx7 from a roll, I outta be making more than 340whp. I weigh 1000lbs more than he does...
Now wait a god damn minute. I was in Daves car with him. You did not beat him in any way shape or form. That race was as dead even as could be.

Both Ray and I use EFI Live.
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #254
Squale iii
Palshctib

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONBULL View Post
I admire you have no secrets..........
I do when I get new parts, then eventually people find out. It's not like I'm racing for money, but I do like to win .
Old 10-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #255
Squale iii
Palshctib

Quote:
Now wait a god damn minute. I was in Daves car with him. You did not beat him in any way shape or form. That race was as dead even as could be.

I raced him w/LS1 intake and stock tune and an unported TB..

Last edited by Squale iii; 10-16-2008 at 10:17 PM..
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #256
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Quote:

He isnt talking about me, he is talking about a red rx7 in dayton... I can vouch it makes 330whp

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #257
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

I'll be damned, two 330 whp RX7s, whodathunkit.
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote