Needed: VQ35 MAF - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Nissan Discussions

Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Needed: VQ35 MAF
The QX4 is throwing p0174. I cleaned the MAF and it went away for about 2 weeks, then came back. Cleaned it again and changed the air filter, and it came back again after a few weeks, along with p0171.

I am leaning the problems towards the MAF since both banks have now thrown, but I suppose it could be the upstream o2 sensors too.

Anyone have a MAF I can buy? or the hookup on parts?

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Double check for vacuum leaks. Take some Carb clean or something flammable and spray around the intake gaskets and hoses while idling. Maybe talk to Jon Rodgers too. See if there is anything common with that engine.
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
most likely the maf... pretty common. there should be an update maf from nissan, its like 100 bucks and required a ecm update to go with it.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
Double check for vacuum leaks. Take some Carb clean or something flammable and spray around the intake gaskets and hoses while idling. Maybe talk to Jon Rodgers too. See if there is anything common with that engine.
Come on, I'm no dummy, first thing I did was check for leaks, was going to check for fuel pressure, but have no gauge, also seems less likely. Then I texted Jon to see if he had a MAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by faStE-R View Post
most likely the maf... pretty common. there should be an update maf from nissan, its like 100 bucks and required a ecm update to go with it.
Does 100 include the ecm update? I found the MAF online for like $80 bucks... I dont mind spending twenty more to have it done by the dealship in one quick shot... but if they want another 100 just to update the ecm, I may be looking for an ecm update elsewhere.
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
ForceFed
Fu(k (ivility

ForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ForceFed
Dealers don't do anything for $20...c'mon now.
ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
Haha hell no... 100 just or the part plus labor. But I'm not even 100% sure it will need the update. Not every one needs it. I don't work for Nissan any longer so I can be much help in that part
faStE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
You sure are a glutton for punishment. Throw that fucking SUV in the garbage. Hahahahah.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Funkmaster
Uncle Ben

Funkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Funkmaster
Yeah he could do that, and you could have just bought a corvette.

1985 Mugen CRX Si Replica.
Funkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmaster View Post
ZIIIING
Old 05-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmaster View Post
I lold