2001 Audi A4 Question - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Audi/VW

Old 03-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
2001 Audi A4 Question
Found a decent deal and want to know what this thing is worth, round-about.

2001 Audi A4
117k miles
auto
fwd
leather
sunroof
1 owner

Apparently it's in good shape. It KBB's for like $4800, but that seems retardedly high.

Anyone know what I could flip this for, quick(er) sale? $3500, $4k, +? I craigslist searched and they are all $4500+, but they are still for sale..

It isn't going to cost alot more than the Subaru is selling for, and I know this has to be worth more than the SVX.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Thanks bone, that helps alot.

I know they are maintenance whores, but I don't plan on keeping it more than a few weeks.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
True, but get it scanned for stored codes before buying.

I know a few people who've bought Audi's that had just had the light reset and there was major issues.

I'm talking thousands of dollars later.....
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Scar Bro
dat woo woo

Scar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really niceScar Bro is just really nice
If your just thinking about flipping it thats one thing Mike but I personally wouldn't even mess with the fwd models they are harder to sell because most people didn't even know there were non quattro models. But if you could sell it I could probably see a little over 4k for it because those are decently low miles for that year. But it would truthfully IMO be a hard car to sell. But good luck either way man

1989 240sx Coupe-I/H/E Dual Cam-Sold
1989 240sx Hatch-Sold

Shift_ K sweet?

Last edited by Scar Bro; 03-13-2010 at 11:46 PM..
Scar Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
Widebody
2,000 posts club

Widebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Widebody
Well im in the market for a new daily so just come off the deal and help a brother out :-)
Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
meatmarket
Wheel Man

meatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the rough
meh, and audi without quattro, is like a vette with no lsx....

if it needs a MAF i have one for an 01...

it will need one eventually, they all do...lol, or evap purge solenoid, and a full control arm set for the front end, make sure you drive it over a bumpy road and check for any front end noise, and also check axle boots for wear and tear, and the radiator for leaks along the metal to plastic seam... I would most def inspect the timing belt or proof that it has been changed, and the water pump too, they came oem some years with a plastic impeller and were prone to failure...

Last edited by meatmarket; 03-14-2010 at 12:30 AM..
meatmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #8
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Edit.

This is an AWD actually... And from the sounds of things, that will be changing the price I can get it for. Dangit.

Last edited by Mike; 03-14-2010 at 12:57 AM..
Old 03-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
4800 FTL. Never pay that much.

If its in good shape and quattro, 4500 at the high end. And thats if the maintnence has been done. My 98 FWD i sold 4 years ago for 4000. But i took great care of it and had all the stuff done like timing belt, seals and fuel pump/filter.

When they get over 100k, they are whores to maintain. Just be careful. Look under hood, they like to leak oil from the cam seals and if its a turbo, make sure thats good too.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Yeah, it was a pile. It had a tranny issue, first felt to slip a bit.

I could have gotten it for $3200, but no worth that to me at all.

Oh well, on to the next..

And the KBB means Kelly Blue Book. With it being an '01, and a Quattro, it actually books for $6900. There is money to be made for someone who wants to work on one

Old 03-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Kbb has it way off on what people will actually pay for them. Still on the b5 chassis. For little more than 6900 you are getting into the b6 models which are better. The b5 is just old looking now so i dont see people paying 6900 for one. And if it has problems with tranny, nevery any good. TC may be going bad and thats a 2k job.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote